mushroom

Warning On Cross-Contamination

Rate this topic

I was watching the latest version of MasterChef last night, which involved 16 contestants in two teams baking bread for a local artisan bakery to be delivered to the Auckland Hilton Hotel. One of the loaves that each of the two teams had to bake was a gluten free carrot loaf (??). The baker on the red team was a celiac so felt right at home. The baker on the blue team was a bit discombobulated and ended up being the one eliminated. . But both made the same mistake - which was pointedly pointed out to them. They were each peparing their loaves in the same area as all the other contestants were preparing their glutenous breads, with the flour flying everywhere, and Simon pointed out to them that they were cross-contaminating their bread with gluten. He made them move away and start their bread all over again, because it wouldn't be good to serve the Hilton customers cross-contaminated gluten free bread :o:rolleyes:

Yaaay!!! Maybe a few viewers got the messsage last night.

Yay!!!

Love to see when Celiac/gluten-free info is shown correctly on TV ~ my Mom usually calls me and tells me to turn on the TV quick whenever she sees a Celiac reference :)

cool! :)

FANTASTIC!!!

Hooray for someone who GETS IT and kuddos to the show/producers for telling it like it is --regarding CC.

Thanks for sharing this, Shroomie!

:)

Yippie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile.gif