suziq0805

Reaction To Rice Milk

Rate this topic

We're doing a dairy free trial for my son (almost 2 years old). Trying to find a rice milk was hard because I needed to avoid gluten/dairy/soy and also wanted to avoid brown rice syrup. So I decided to try the Pacific brand because it seemed to fit all those criteria. Once we switched him to that milk he began crying everyday when we dropped him off at daycare and just seemed a bit lazier/tired overall. We thought that the milk couldn't possibly cause that and figured it must be due to some molars that seem to be trying to pop through. But when we had the 6th day in a row of him crying and being clingly while dropping him off and seeming not quite himself over the weekend I decided it wouldn't hurt to switch his "milk" and put him on Almond Breeze...and this morning he was his happy self at daycare. Does anyone else react to Pacific rice milk? We're not totally sure what his intolerances are at this point- we're suspecting gluten, dairy, and/or soy. When I called the company they said it's not a gluten-free facility, but no gluten ingredients in the milk. Could a food intolerance really cause that reaction?

It can be hard to tell a food intolerance from a gluten reaction. The important thing is to remember what he reacts to, and not give it to him again. Keep track and as time goes by you will get more information and hopefully be able to figure it out.