Ninja

Recurrent Illnesses?

Rate this topic

So how many of you suffer (or suffered) from recurrent illnesses? Did they lessen after going gluten-free?

I get sick really easily

As a kid, I pretty much had chronic swimmers' ear. I also have what's called a dysfunctional eustachian tube, which contributes to that somewhat. I also get sick really easily. I don't know if it's gluten-related, but I've definitely gotten ear infections less than I used to.

I used to get sick only once every two years or so when I a teenager. Now I can't seem to stop getting cold symptoms, sore throats and my sinuses are always buggy in the mornings. I haven't been on the diet for long though and I'm also still in the elimination process to see if other foods are bothering me.

So how many of you suffer (or suffered) from recurrent illnesses? Did they lessen after going gluten-free?

I get sick really easily

I used to get quite a few colds each year, caught from my children who bring them home from school (where I also work) or from my husband who picks them up from crowded commuter trains. It seems a bit like tempting fate to write this....but I haven't had a single cold since going gluten free 6 months ago, even though my children have been frequently sick with them and my husband had a bad dose of "man flu" over Christmas.

My stuffy, painful sinuses have improved, but they are still a problem for me though.

UKGail: I sincerely hope that fate decides to keep you healthy. ;-)

Thanks for satiating my curiosity guys!

~Laura :)