JJO45

Gluten Free Beer

Rate this topic

I'M new to this sight so I am trying to find my way around so forgive me if this post showed up somewere else!!!! I'M gluten free for a year and I sitill have outbreaks of DH but not as bad.I did not know about Iodine that was a helpful hint thank you!!!!! I was wondering if anybody has tried gluten free beer with success or have tried home brewing?

I'm not a beer drinker...I'm a whinner :P

New Grist, Redbridge and Green's are readily available. And many here drink hard ciders, but too familiar with ciders.

Use the SEARCH FORUM VIA GOOGLE --at the top right hand corner? Put in Beer and the threads should show up and you can read what others have posted.

My hubs likes Bard's the best. :)

• Upvote 1

Use the SEARCH FORUM VIA GOOGLE --at the top right hand corner? Put in Beer and the threads should show up and you can read what others have posted.

My hubs likes Bard's the best. :)

I have found nothing like Bud Light, however, I like ambers as well. Gluten free beers remind me of ambers. I did not prefer New grist and it is more costly for me where I live. I like Redbridge and Greens. I've seen others around, but I don't want to pay $9 for four beers (although I probably did in my youth in a bar!) when redbridge will do. I have found a new love for hard ciders! I loved Woodchuck "Winter".

I'm not a beer drinker...I'm a whinner :P

New Grist, Redbridge and Green's are readily available. And many here drink hard ciders, but too familiar with ciders.

Ha ha..me too. I've tried some really nice wines since going gluten-free that I might never have.

Hubs has just made his own batch. He used to brew his own all the time, but he made gluten-free beer for the first time. My cousin made her own, too and she liked it and gave him her recipe.

If it's any good, I'll let you know. :) and give you guys the recipe.

He likes the Woodchuck, too. But he agrees with you---it's all very pricey, esp. the Green's.

This has been a huge sacrifice for him to go gluten-free with me (he did it of his own accord) as he was fond of beer and he especially loved Guinness :(

Must really, really love me. ;)

• Upvote 1

I just had a nice cold Redbridge with my lunch. :) Tastes good to me. I'm not a big beer drinker but when I'm hot a nice cold beer does hit the spot. (I was out pulling weeds, raking, etc. since we have spring here in Northern VA.)