celiac dragon

Anyone From Alberta?

Rate this topic

I just found out im celiac a few months ago, been difficult getting used to the fact that gluten is in EVERYTHING! Antone else here from Edmonton or other parts of alberta?

I just found out im celiac a few months ago, been difficult getting used to the fact that gluten is in EVERYTHING! Antone else here from Edmonton or other parts of alberta?

Welcome here! I live three hours from Edmonton and drive there regularly to go to lovely restaurants and to pick up specialty food ingredients from T&T and the Italian Centre and several little ethnic shops. So, my husband and I know Edmonton well.

Silencio lives in Edmonton - he will likely see this, too.

Initially it does seem like gluten is in everything (and it is) but as you get used to it it truly becomes daily routine. Honest. It took me about 4 or 5 months to get really on top of things.

Do you like to cook?

I live 2 hours from Edmonton, but am there a lot. As my little town doesn't have too much selection for gluten-free foods, I usually have to stock up when I'm in Edmonton. I found Winner's is a great place to look for some gluten-free snacks, actually (odd, I know). :P

I live 2 hours from Edmonton, but am there a lot. As my little town doesn't have too much selection for gluten-free foods, I usually have to stock up when I'm in Edmonton. I found Winner's is a great place to look for some gluten-free snacks, actually (odd, I know). :P

You're right! I completely forgot about Winners. I've noticed that each time I go there are different products. And they are less expensive than other stores, of course.