Victoria6102

Cravings!

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free for about a year and 5 months. Through the past year, I have had some gluten free foods that I LOVE and would eat for awhile, but then one time I would go to the store and just looking at the package makes me nauseated to think of eating it! and then i can't seem to brIng myself to eat that food ever again! This has happened with Chex cinnamon and Chex Honey nut cereals, SoyJoy bars, almond nut crunch bars, glutino Oreos, and several other foods...just wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen to them?! This never happened before I went gluten free. I'm feeling sick just thinking of these foods....:P

I have had that happen too. I used to love the Kinnikinnick "Oreos", but don't want them at all now. There was a lemon wafer bar, too, made by Glutino, I think. Can't stand 'em now. It's weird. :blink:

For me it's brown rice. I used to have it at least once a week. Now just the thought of eating it gags me. :huh:

I do this all the time! I think it is because for me anyway it was a long time before I could find goodies I could swallow because years ago most gluten-free food was very similar to eating cardboard.. The last five years has been wonderful with gluten-free goodies that are soft , moist & very tasty. I just think when we find something that we love we eat it & eat it until it becomes overkill .. Then we no longer want it.

The other thing I can say is after your intestinal system heals you feel so much bettter & your body may not care for foddsyou used to love...There are many fodds I used to eat but never care to touch now!

Yes! When my daughter was first diagnosed, we ate a lot of gluten-free pasta. But then the last few times I made it the way I usually did, I just did not want it. I have since made it a lot less often. I have tried different sauces and I have even tried some expensive pasta imported from Italy. Now that was goooooood!

We went off of Lay's Stax for a while. For a time there we couldn't get enough of them. Then I noticed I hadn't bought any for a while. Because we weren't eating them. I had one can left. I just finished it. Now I want them again.

Daughter went off of black olives for a while. They were a favorite food. Then we both went off of green beans.

Sometimes I think we just get into a rut. We will eat the same things over and over and over again until they just don't seem so good any more.