JaneWhoLovesRain

Positive Iodine Test?

Rate this topic

A while ago I updated on my mortified/scabies post that I gave myself the iodine patch test over the weekend and there were no blisters. Well, I took a shower after that post and in scrubbing my arm found I do have a big band-aid sized blister there after all and I scrubbed it open. Does this mean I definitely have dh, or could it possible be a reaction to the iodine, or a chemical burn? Do doctors recognize this as something that gives one a high probability of having dh? My PCP has poo-pooed most of my symptoms over the last 4-5 years (vertigo/dizziness/bone/joint pain) and I'm wondering if he will brush this off as an iodine burn.

Jane

Docs in general poo-poo the iodine patch test. Considering your PCP's history I wouldn't even mention it to him. He'll think you're looney tunes.

As to your other questions ---- I've read so many conflicting thoughts on the subject ---- I couldn't say.

Docs in general poo-poo the iodine patch test. Considering your PCP's history I wouldn't even mention it to him. He'll think you're looney tunes.

Yeah, he already thinks I'm looney tunes, that's why I don't want to bring something like this up unless I have a lot of evidence to back it up.

You need to stop paying this person.

You should get in touch with your local/regional/state celiac societies or support groups and find out who in your region has experience with dealing with gluten related problems & patients.

Google these groups/societies and ring them today.