birdie22

Digestive Enzymes And Stomach Rumbling

Rate this topic

I started taking digestive enzymes with heavier meals. I've noticed a few times that for a few hours after taking them my stomach is just gurgling and rumbling so loudly. I feel gassy but don't pass very much. It's a different feeling than when I'm glutened which feels more bloated in my upper abdomen. This is all in my stomach and intestines. Anyone find this a side effect of digestive enzymes?

I started taking digestive enzymes with heavier meals. I've noticed a few times that for a few hours after taking them my stomach is just gurgling and rumbling so loudly. I feel gassy but don't pass very much. It's a different feeling than when I'm glutened which feels more bloated in my upper abdomen. This is all in my stomach and intestines. Anyone find this a side effect of digestive enzymes?

yes!..I found that I don't need them. no more stomach gurgling...are you sure you need a digestive enzyme?

Sounds like you might be taking too much/many. I would try to cut back a bit on the dosage until you seem to find the right balance.

yes!..I found that I don't need them. no more stomach gurgling...are you sure you need a digestive enzyme?

No, not really sure I need them. My PCP suggested I take them. She thought they'd help with the bloating, distention, heartburn and occasional fat malabsorption (some stools show a slight film on the water). I guess I'm not sure how to know if I really need them.

Sounds like you might be taking too much/many. I would try to cut back a bit on the dosage until you seem to find the right balance.

I usually only take one with a meal. Should I be taking 1 with every single meal or just a meal that I think will be harder to digest?