Rate this topic

Hey everyone! I have 2 tattoos already, one on my shoulder and a superman symbol on my foot :) And I am thinking about getting some more! I want a pinup girl, a 40's, 50's style girl. And I cant decide if I want her on my thigh or on my for arm. Now the only reason I dont really want her on my thigh is because I dont want cellulite to go through her and make it look weird, you know? Also I want to get a medical tattoo on my wreist because I am a type 1 diabetic and obviously a celiac so I would like some kind of tattoo to make sure that if I pass out or something someone dosnt try and feed me wheat or gluten :P

Go for your upper arm or use your other shoulder or back. IMHO it is best to get them in areas that are easy to cover up with clothes for stuff like job interviews. I have multiple tatoos but unless I wear a sleeveless shirt or a backless dress no one can see (and judge) me because of them.

Just wanted to point out that if you are unconcious, they won't force food or drink down your throat. That would either kill you by choking or at the least, give you aspiration pneumonia. If you are in a vegetative state long enough, they might try to put a tube down and feed you. That's not just a regular procedure in the ER.

I agree with Ravenwood. Put the tat where it can be covered. They are so common now that lots of employers won't care but some still do. As for the medical tattoo, I would call the local ER and fire department and see if they even look for them. I know I have been told that those pretty med alert bracelets that look like regular bracelets don't always get noticed. They just look like regular bracelets and often are worn with other bracelets.

That is a good point lol. And I know some employers still care, but I am going to be a hair dresser. And I know there are probably some salons that will care if you have tattoos but I know of alot that dont so Im not toooo concerned about future employers.

That is a good point lol. And I know some employers still care, but I am going to be a hair dresser. And I know there are probably some salons that will care if you have tattoos but I know of alot that dont so Im not toooo concerned about future employers.

Yes, they would be less a concern for a hair stylist than a tax accountant! :D

However, I think it depends on where you are, too. Here, the stylists that make $75,0000+ a year don't have a lot of tattoos or pink Mohawks or lots of piercings.

• Upvote 1

I have a lot of tats (well ok not A LOT but 7 and counting!) and at this point my arms are screwed with a forearm tat (pretty script) and a tiny one on wrist, so arms/back/sides are all fair game now and I figure I'll need to wear long sleeves at a job interview anyway... and dye my hair... and remove my nose ring. :P

I really want a thigh tat if I can find the perfect design, and a nice foot tat, too - but I'm being pickier about the next few I do as I feel like I'm running out of prime real estate! :D

I have a lot of tats (well ok not A LOT but 7 and counting!) and at this point my arms are screwed with a forearm tat (pretty script) and a tiny one on wrist, so arms/back/sides are all fair game now and I figure I'll need to wear long sleeves at a job interview anyway... and dye my hair... and remove my nose ring. :P

I really want a thigh tat if I can find the perfect design, and a nice foot tat, too - but I'm being pickier about the next few I do as I feel like I'm running out of prime real estate! :D

Hahah yea I will warn you about that foot tattoo! It hurts alloooootttt!! lol but Im sure with all your tattoos you can handle it :P

I read this story once about a local EMT who was also a diabetic. He had his medical tattoo put right on his upper pectoral muscle under the collar bone, because he knew that when at work, the first thing they do is unbutton or cut down the shirt/coat top of an unconscious person, to check for vital signs in case they need to do CPR.

Sure enough, one day he was out in the mountains recreating, and had an insulin maladjustment episode whereby he passed out, and was found unconscious - but when they opened up the shirt at the neckline, there were the instructions "In Case of Emergency I Am Diabetic Check My Blood Sugar First" or something to that effect - and it saved his life. :)

Tattoos are a really amazing art form when done tastefully. The right artist can mean the difference between an amazing piece of art or someone considering you got ink in prison. I have 2 awesome pieces, 1 across my back and the other on the inside of my foot. To look at me you'd never know I had tattoos, putting them places that are not easily picked out by the naked eye is the key, especially if you'll be working with the public. The younger generations are all about tats and self expression but not all age groups are and as always, you've got to keep the masses happy when working with the public. The older folks tend to judge quickly, which is wrong, but a fact of life unfortunately, so be cautious. I have a beautiful script on the inside of my left foot, it flows with the arch of my foot and if I didn't point it out people would never notice it. I'm in love with it and it also serves a purpose, keeps me true to myself, as it reads "Free Your Mind". It's all about you and what you're willing to share with the world, good luck!