Coolclimates

Target's Market Pantry Brand

Rate this topic

I've been shopping at Target a number of times and notice that they have their own brand, Market Pantry. But I haven't bought anything of that brand because there is no indication as to whether it's gluten-free. Does anyone know? In other words, are there cross-contamination issues?

The brand makes a number of items - as a whole you can't say "they" are gluten free - http://www.target.com/s/market+pantry

Some of their items may be gluten-free in that they don't inherently contain gluten - but it would depend on the actual manufacturing if there were CC issues or not.

what about normally gluten-free items, like nuts, dried fruits, etc? The problem is that they don't note whether there is any issues with CC and give no info about where they were manufactured. I guess I should be safe and just avoid Market Pantry items altogether?

I have called the number on the Market Pantry and Archer Farms many times and every time I am transferred to someone that has no idea - they always just read the ingredients to me that I can already clearly see on the package. My son used to like the dried fruit strips. I never noticed him have a problem with them, but I don't buy them because I just couldn't get an answer.

I believe I just had a problem with their garlic powder.  It's the only ingredient that wasn't a whole food and it was the first time I'd used this new jar.  I'm going to be giving this away.