Rate this topic

We just finished our first week of being gluten free for our 8 year old. She missed some of her regular food but overall she did great. She came up to me this weekend and gave me a big hug and said - "Thank you Mommy for giving me gluten free food, I feel GREAT."

I cannot believe the difference only one week has made. She is less irritable and NO stomachaches. Her appetite has increased. She has even had more patience with her little brother :D She really does feel great!!!

Measure her. Not only did my son feel so much better (and he was so pleasant to be around) but he shot up several inches within weeks of being gluten free. He was so impressed when he saw how fast the marks on the wall changed.

Cara

Measure her. Not only did my son feel so much better (and he was so pleasant to be around) but he shot up several inches within weeks of being gluten free. He was so impressed when he saw how fast the marks on the wall changed.

Cara

My 5 year old grew 3+ inches in 6 months and shot clear up the growth chart--we were all amazed.

We do routinely track her height since she is on daily injections of growth hormone. But I will definitely make a gluten-free mark on her chart. I am just hoping she will gain some weight. She is only 40 lbs and will be 9 in July. Did you see any weight gain once going gluten free?