JaneWhoLovesRain

Lotions, Soaps And Cetaphil

Rate this topic

People with celiac disease have to stay away from any toiletries that contain gluten, right? and not just those with dh but everyone?

I did a search here to find out if cetaphil is safe and there seems to be some differing answers to this. Some of the posts were older so I also may be reading outdated material. Is there any consensus as to if cetaphil is safe? I'm currently using the antibacterail soap and the cvs version of the lotion (as part of a prescription cream). And my rash isn't getting any better!

People with celiac disease have to stay away from any toiletries that contain gluten, right? and not just those with dh but everyone?

I did a search here to find out if cetaphil is safe and there seems to be some differing answers to this. Some of the posts were older so I also may be reading outdated material. Is there any consensus as to if cetaphil is safe? I'm currently using the antibacterail soap and the cvs version of the lotion (as part of a prescription cream). And my rash isn't getting any better!

This is, unfortunately, is a hot topic around here. From my experience, it's best to use gluten-free skin care/beauty products. I do react to ones with gluten in them (it took a while, but it happened).

People with skin conditions related to gluten are generally more careful about gluten-free beauty products.

You'd need to ask CVS if their product is gluten-free. I believe some Cetaphil products are gluten-free, some aren't. Visit their website or call.

Personally, I use Vanicream. It is gluten-free. I use Vanicream soap bars, as well as Dove unscented bars.

Are you using the antibacterial soap because of an infection? If not, you may want to baby your skin and use something very mild. Personally, my DH needed tlc and I couldn't use anything harsh or it would burn like fire. I had to keep it moisturized - Vanicream and Vaseline (gross, I know) til it scabbed and flaked then just Vanicream.

I was reading your original post about this...I'm sorry, I've been there. I know this sucks.

Ice packs help. Keep it moisturized. Have you tried reducing iodine? Are you eating processed foods? Personally, gluten-free processed foods and sugar made my rash worse in the beginning. I have no idea why, but it did.

For me, low iodine was key. 2 weeks and I healed (after being gluten-free for 2 months).