Rate this topic

I'm attending a Passover dinner at my Father's home. I am expecting to at least get some gluten exposure from crossover contamination, but I'm hoping to really minimize it.

I gather that most gefilte fish is going to have gluten? What about Eden brand margarine? Can anyone help me?

I'm attending a Passover dinner at my Father's home. I am expecting to at least get some gluten exposure from crossover contamination, but I'm hoping to really minimize it.

I gather that most gefilte fish is going to have gluten? What about Eden brand margarine? Can anyone help me?

You can often Google brands, followed by a dash and gluten free and find some results. Hope this will help:

http://www.edenfoods.com/articles/view.php?articles_id=85

You'd need to check the brand name for the fish to see what the maker says about gluten. Matzoh is usually made with wheat, so that is a problem. Maybe you can take some rice crackers instead?

If you father isn't aware of the wheat, rye and barley connection to you illness you will probably get lots of cross contamination. Flour goes in the air and settles down every where. So if he doesn't keep a flour free kitchen, oops!

I hope it works out for you. Maybe it would be safer to cook your own food? Or at least some of it?

Its not easy going to a seder over a non gluten house. I bring my own food, even the wine and have a great time. There is gluten free gefilt fish and if you can tolerate oats there is oat matzoh. Have a great Pesach.