basilicious

Whole Foods 365 Brand Pistachios

Rate this topic

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has any experience with Whole Foods' 365 brand pre-packaged pistachios (they're in the shell).

I am feeling the familiar gluten haze set in after snacking on them just a little while ago. The packaging has both a "No Gluten Ingredients" symbol and the warning that the nuts are processed in a facility that also processes wheat. Do you think it's just CYA, or do you think CC is the culprit? I am inclined to go with CC, but since I want to avoid unnecessarily limiting myself, I would love your input.

If it's CC, then oh boy do I feel like I'm in for it. As a newly-diagnosed celiac, I am starting to understand why people say CC becomes more of an issue...oy vay. Talk about a moving target.

Hi all,

Just curious if anyone has any experience with Whole Foods' 365 brand pre-packaged pistachios (they're in the shell).

I am feeling the familiar gluten haze set in after snacking on them just a little while ago. The packaging has both a "No Gluten Ingredients" symbol and the warning that the nuts are processed in a facility that also processes wheat. Do you think it's just CYA, or do you think CC is the culprit? I am inclined to go with CC, but since I want to avoid unnecessarily limiting myself, I would love your input.

If it's CC, then oh boy do I feel like I'm in for it. As a newly-diagnosed celiac, I am starting to understand why people say CC becomes more of an issue...oy vay. Talk about a moving target.

Everyone's sensitivity differs. It may be a CYA statement, but of course there is the possibility of cross contamination, per your sensitivity level. Although, shared equipment is more of a concern than a shared facility.

If you are newly diagnosed, all foods can be an issues for you gluten free or not. Healing takes time.

I would recommend that you eat a clean diet for a month or two and then introduce specially foods one at a time.

And, especially, don't anticipate a problem until it is one. B) We have too much to worry about ordinarily. B)

Everyone's sensitivity differs. It may be a CYA statement, but of course there is the possibility of cross contamination, per your sensitivity level. Although, shared equipment is more of a concern than a shared facility.

If you are newly diagnosed, all foods can be an issues for you gluten free or not. Healing takes time.

I would recommend that you eat a clean diet for a month or two and then introduce specially foods one at a time.

And, especially, don't anticipate a problem until it is one. B) We have too much to worry about ordinarily. B)

Thanks, Lisa. Yeah, pardon my little pity party. I really love pistachios and thought that I was making a wise choice by eating a nut.

Anticipating problems used to be a strength of mine, but I'm determined to give that tactic a rest. ;)

Thanks, Lisa. Yeah, pardon my little pity party. I really love pistachios and thought that I was making a wise choice by eating a nut.

Anticipating problems used to be a strength of mine, but I'm determined to give that tactic a rest. ;)

I really would consider the CYA statement most accurate of the options. But, try to lay off the pistachios for a few weeks, let some healing take place and then try them again. Most likely, you won't have an issue.

There is light at the end of the tunnel! :D Trust me B)

For some of us it isn't a CYA, but a real caution. It will take you awhile to figure out what your sensitivity level is. The safest thing to do is: if it makes you feel bad, don't eat it!