Metoo

Would You Eat This?

Rate this topic

I can't find anymore information to find out if this cottage cheese is gluten free or not.

Its the Sam's Club Daily Chef small curd cottage cheese.

From a gluten standpoint, it appears to be gluten free. Would I eat it, no. It's got several of the things that I can not tolerate. If gluten is your only issue, it looks ok.

• Upvote 2

From a gluten standpoint, it appears to be gluten free. Would I eat it, no. It's got several of the things that I can not tolerate. If gluten is your only issue, it looks ok.

DITTO

I'll third that. It looks fine as far as gluten but it's DAIRY. :lol:

It depends how strict you are. I would not eat it, because many things are CCed but it's not listed on the package and you only find out if you call the company. So unless an item says gluten free or I've confirmed it is gluten free before, I don't eat it.

It depends how strict you are. I would not eat it, because many things are CCed but it's not listed on the package and you only find out if you call the company. So unless an item says gluten free or I've confirmed it is gluten free before, I don't eat it.

Cc of a dairy product is pretty rare because they don't put gluten in most dairy items. They can't make things like bread on the same type of machines. I think a little common sense is necessary.

• Upvote 2

In my experience I've found many dairy products that are CCed, including sour cream and milk. It can be CCed by dips or things like that. and the key word is "rare", I don't want to take any chances but that's my own decision :)

I understand that the Maltodextrin is a food additive to watch for gluten. I would not eat it do to the dairy.

But this is what I found about it a coupe of weeks ago.

Maltodextrin can be enzymatically derived from any starch. In the US, this starch is usually corn; in Europe, it is commonly wheat. While wheat-derived maltodextrin may cause concern for individuals suffering from gluten intolerance, maltodextrin is such a highly processed ingredient that the majority of the protein is removed, rendering it effectively gluten-free. If wheat is used to make maltodextrin, it will appear on the label. Even so, the maltodextrin itself will be gluten-free.

I eat cottage cheese all the time and never have problems. Now, I wouldn't necessarily eat it from a salad bar or something like that. You never know what might have fallen in it. But from my own refrigerator no problem. :)