Simona19

Something Interesting

Rate this topic

Yesterday my husband saw commercial for a new kind of gluten free bread made with something from DOW company. Today I found this:

http://www.dow.com/solutionism/gluten-replacement.htm

http://www.dow.com/products/market/nutrition/product-line/wellence/#product/wellence-gluten-free/?&_suid=133345462475607992853475405218

Does this means end of bricks?

If the bread in the video was made from their gluten-free ingredient it's look promising? The texture looked wonderful. :D

Where do we get it???

Looks encouraging.

The "Dow Chemical" part gives me the heebies; however, I'd get over it. I think.

I NEED that bread! That texture looks so wonderful.

Didn't the "scientists" come up with something similar in the 1960s to make wheat more moist too? And now 40-50 years later we are all becoming intolerant to it. Isn't anyone else concerned that in 40-50 years we will all become intolerant to our gluten free breads if they start chemically altering it? I would take serious caution here. Just sayin.

• Upvote 2

I want that bread too! OMG, my mouth is watering for it. I wonder if it will come as baguettes too. They were in the video. I feel teased now.

Didn't the "scientists" come up with something similar in the 1960s to make wheat more moist too? And now 40-50 years later we are all becoming intolerant to it. Isn't anyone else concerned that in 40-50 years we will all become intolerant to our gluten free breads if they start chemically altering it? I would take serious caution here. Just sayin.

Do you eat xanthan gum? Just sayin. ;)

I can't tolerate xanthan gum. This is also way out of my interest zone

What do I have in common with a Panda bear? We both eat bamboo fiber. :blink:

The enjoy life bread, that is allergen safe, for my daughter has bamboo fiber in it. So, I guess a gluten free diet involves having an open mind and a willingness to try new things within reason. ;)

I am not going to worry about what happens 40-50 years from now doubt I will even be alive. I want that bread NOW!!!

I'm with you. UNBELIEVABLE. No one bothers to question whether or not they SHOULD eat this stuff as long as it looks good. We have learned NOTHING. Sad.

I'm with you. UNBELIEVABLE. No one bothers to question whether or not they SHOULD eat this stuff as long as it looks good. We have learned NOTHING. Sad.

Nobody is going to force you to eat it. You are a bit hypocritical if you are eating carboxymethyl cellulose in breads like Udi's though.

I went to the website an ferreted out the raw materials data its made from........SAWDUST!

yummy :blink: *gag*

no thanx, ill stick to my rice and fruit.

If the bread in the video was made from their gluten-free ingredient it's look promising? The texture looked wonderful. :D

hate to tell you, but any food you see in a photo or on TV is usually 100% fake. I took photography, most of the time they use something that photographs better, not the real product.

Dear fellow celiacs, please don't blame the food ingredient suppliers for helping us to achieve gluten free bread that doesn't look and taste like c**p. We WANT to have bread like the one wheat protein can produce, but we can't, so let's just welcome the fibres, the emulsifiers, the hydrocolloids that allow us to have what we want, making rice and corn and other gluten free flours behave like wheat. I assure you, they are either harmless or very healthy ingredients like the insoluble fibres from bamboo. Please read more about them before you go about spreading unreasonable suspicion.