tenaciousdarnell

Having A Problem With Brown Rice Pasta!

Rate this topic

Does anyone have any advise on how I can keep my brown rice pasta from soaking up my delish sauce when it's leftovers? I have to cook in bulk because of my schedule, so I make a huge pasta dish with tons of sauce, then portion it out... then the next day - all of the sauce is gone and has been sucked up by my pasta!!!

How can I keep this from happening!??!

Thanks

D

We have tried rice pasta and found that it breaks up easy. Corn pasta holds better and tastes better (I think). It acts like the wheat pasta.

I can't have corn, but thank you for the suggestion!

We have tried rice pasta and found that it breaks up easy. Corn pasta holds better and tastes better (I think). It acts like the wheat pasta.

I keep the sauce and pasta separate.

I like it better the next day when the noodles soak it up! :D

I second Skylark - keep them separate.

I looked around online and nope, no secret to keeping it frombreaking up but to keep them seperate to start with before eating.

And a third vote for keeping the pasta and sauce separate. You know what? You can get quinoa, millet, buckwheat and sweet potato pasta that tastes miles better than rice or corn pastas in my opinion. But of course that is just a matter of taste. Just know there are lots of options available! Or, if you want to make your own pasta, I have a killer recipe that does NOT fall apart or become gloopy, even the next day. Another quick idea - toss on some pesto for even more flavour.

I love my brown rice pasta and haven't liked anything else I've tried so I just quit trying other kinds. I usually keep my pasta and sauce separate unless I'm packing something for a work lunch. When I do that I just add a little extra sauce so it doesn't seem dry when I get around to eating it. I like the flavor a bit better after it soaks up the extra sauce. I know not all brands stand up, but my pasta doesn't fall apart so I have no problems there.

And a third vote for keeping the pasta and sauce separate. You know what? You can get quinoa, millet, buckwheat and sweet potato pasta that tastes miles better than rice or corn pastas in my opinion. But of course that is just a matter of taste. Just know there are lots of options available! Or, if you want to make your own pasta, I have a killer recipe that does NOT fall apart or become gloopy, even the next day. Another quick idea - toss on some pesto for even more flavour.

I like corn pasta but some variety might be nice.

Can you post your pasta recipe? Quinoa? Thank you. :)