GFreeMO

Which Shampoo Do Y'all Use?

Rate this topic

I have a heck of a time with shampoo. A lot of them give me sores on my head. Not sure if you can get DH on your head but they itch and ooze and scab over like DH so who knows.

I have been using Johnsons Baby Shampoo and although it has never given me sores, I don't think it has enough conditioning in it.

Oh YES! You can get dh on your head, in your ears, on your ears. Basically, you can get dh anywhere.

I use Suave Naturals --- gluten-free & cheap. But I use conditioner on my hair only from the neckline down. Again, you can use the Suave conditioner but I have just been using the conditioner that comes in my Loreal Superior Preference hair color (also gluten-free).

I don't have DH, but I did have lots of scabby yucky sores and a peeling, itching, red BURNY scalp that made me cry. It was yucky and I lost a lot of my hair when I was sick. :(

So, I used CLEURE for a long time (it is expensive, but it was gentle and free of everything we worry about--the brand name stands for CLEan and pURE)

Now I alternate between that and Garnier. My hair is not thick or luxurious and I do not use conditioner because it weighs it down. I need all the "floof" I can get. :)

Oh YES! You can get dh on your head, in your ears, on your ears. Basically, you can get dh anywhere.

I use Suave Naturals --- gluten-free & cheap. But I use conditioner on my hair only from the neckline down. Again, you can use the Suave conditioner but I have just been using the conditioner that comes in my Loreal Superior Preference hair color (also gluten-free).

I will check Suave out. Thank you. Funny you mention DH in ears. After I took Aleve (sals) I got the armpit DH and I had sores in my ears too and all along my hairline. Not on my scalp but hairline. It's scabbed over now but aghhh!

Do you react to Aleve or Advil with your DH?

Irish, Thank you! I am going to Google that right now. :)

I use California Baby shampoo and conditioner. They are gluten free as well as free of other common allergens. It has worked well for me.

I will check Suave out. Thank you. Funny you mention DH in ears. After I took Aleve (sals) I got the armpit DH and I had sores in my ears too and all along my hairline. Not on my scalp but hairline. It's scabbed over now but aghhh!

Do you react to Aleve or Advil with your DH?

Irish, Thank you! I am going to Google that right now. :)

Funny you should ask about the Aleve & Advil. The day after you posted about your cramps & taking an Aleve, I managed to pull a muscle in the side of my back over my ribs & I COULD NOT stand the pain & hadn't gotten to the compounding pharmacy yet so I took an Aleve b/c ice packs weren't getting it. Then had to break down & take a 2nd Aleve. I had some blisters break out when they HAD been on the wane. I would have done a few or more shots of Vodka but had none in the house. Middle of the night you know.