cmoore

Reaction Time

Rate this topic

I assume everyone is different and also, might the way in which someone reacts change over time? I know some get Gluten and have a reaction in min. Is it possible that some might take several hours to get to pain and nausea and all that?

Also some get just crumb and other might only be affected by a bite?

Thanks.

Some people not only take hours to react, they can take a day or more. I think I respond in about 24 hours.

Some people not only take hours to react, they can take a day or more. I think I respond in about 24 hours.

Thanks, In not new to problems, but new to finding out about it. Yesterday, on small piece of shrimp deep fried in batter of course. About 3 pm. Then about 9 pm. abdominal pain and nausea. Some ginger tea and plain yogurt before bed, a good nights sleep and much much better this morning.

It takes hours for me, but for sure I'll be in pain for a whole day the next day.

I react almost immediately. It usually starts with my mouth burning and I have to drink lots of liquids with the food, then I have trouble breathing and my five senses go wonky. My stomach starts bloating after a few minutes but it usually take a few hours for D to set in. I have a lot of symptoms that last for over a week when I get glutened and I'm really sensitive, trace amounts get me never mind a crumb...

I react almost immediately. It usually starts with my mouth burning and I have to drink lots of liquids with the food, then I have trouble breathing and my five senses go wonky. My stomach starts bloating after a few minutes but it usually take a few hours for D to set in. I have a lot of symptoms that last for over a week when I get glutened and I'm really sensitive, trace amounts get me never mind a crumb...

What type of reactions do you get? I ate a brownie and my forhead and eyes swelled up with fluid. Not sure what to do about this since doctors are useless.

It depends on how much I've eaten, but usually between 45mins and a couple of hours.

I usually react sometime between 1-3 hours. Starts with a gurgling, bubbling, stomach - very uncomfortable bloating too. Then it moves into nausea, headache, extreme fatigue, cramping, shortness of breath ... It's horrible. For me, a trace amount is enough to send me reeling. It's awful.