BabsV

University Of Maryland Center For Celiac Research

Rate this topic

Has anyone ever been to the University of MD Center for Celiac Research? Heard anything about them? When I return to the States at the end of June I'll be in the Washington DC area and am considering getting an appointment here to have them review my files/case.

I believe that's where Dr. Alessio Fasano practices...and he's one of the world's leading authorities on celiac disease. You're SO lucky to have an opportunity to be seen by the best!

Has anyone ever been to the University of MD Center for Celiac Research? Heard anything about them? When I return to the States at the end of June I'll be in the Washington DC area and am considering getting an appointment here to have them review my files/case.

I went there a year or so ago for an evaluation. It sounds like you want an evaluation as well. For my appointment, I first was interviewed by several doctors who also looked at the medical records. Then they went to speak with Dr. Fasano, and all returned for a brief discussion with me. My evaluation was prompted by one specific symptom that occurs when glutened, and Dr. Fasano was able to shed helpful light on that symptom.

For me, it was well worth the trip.

Wow. Thanks for the input. I didn't realize that the head of the Center was so well-known. I was just happy to hear that they are close to where I'll be living (relatively speaking). I've had such horrible times with doctors here in Poland...