HairBears&Cares

Gluten Free For A Week Terrible Stomach Pain?

Rate this topic

i was diagnosed celiac a week ago and have carefully removed gluten from my diet...i'm even using gluten-free shampoo and makeup and i've had terrible lower stomach pain for 2 days now and it's getting unbarable...need encouragment and advise. thx!

Did you start substituting your regular processed foods for gluten-free processed foods? If so, you may be sensitive to the flours (especially soy) and the gums that are used. Many here would suggest that you eliminate both soy and dairy from your diet for a while, because many celiacs are unable to tolerate them. Others are unable to tolerate oats, even the gluten-free kind, and still others are unable to tolerate nightshade vegetables and/or salicylates. You'll need to find out which food(s) you're sensitive to....and then you should start feeling lots better. For me, soy and oats both spell out tremendous digestive pain.

I had horrible stomach pain the first month gluten free. I wasn't eating gluten free junk food, but I did not stop dairy. I didn't think it would be a problem for me. It was terrible. the only thing that helped was anti-nausea prescription meds. It got much better once I realized it was dairy.

Just a thought.