RashyA

What Should I Do?

Rate this topic

Hi guys. I am new to this forum but you all seem to have some great advice so here goes. About two years ago my older brother started getting a terrible rash on his forearm every time he ate gluten. So he started trying to be gluten free. I have always had a rash on my chest that looks like pimples and big red bumps but itches like crazy. My brother had told me to try being gluten free because it can show up in different ways. For about a year I tried to be gluten free with accidents along the way and now I have it on my chest and my face. I decided to get tested but it was like my doctor didn't believe me when I suggested celiac. He gave me a blood test and an antibiotic to clear up the rash. Of course the test came back negative and the antibiotic didn't work. I have since learned a lot about gluten free eating and my symptoms have gotten a lot better. I was wondering if it could be possible that my five yr old son could have it? He has no symptoms but would it be best to get him tested? Sorry it's so long it's been a long road.

Hi guys. I am new to this forum but you all seem to have some great advice so here goes. About two years ago my older brother started getting a terrible rash on his forearm every time he ate gluten. So he started trying to be gluten free. I have always had a rash on my chest that looks like pimples and big red bumps but itches like crazy. My brother had told me to try being gluten free because it can show up in different ways. For about a year I tried to be gluten free with accidents along the way and now I have it on my chest and my face. I decided to get tested but it was like my doctor didn't believe me when I suggested celiac. He gave me a blood test and an antibiotic to clear up the rash. Of course the test came back negative and the antibiotic didn't work. I have since learned a lot about gluten free eating and my symptoms have gotten a lot better. I was wondering if it could be possible that my five yr old son could have it? He has no symptoms but would it be best to get him tested? Sorry it's so long it's been a long road.

I think the general consensus is that first degree relatives should get tested. Having said that I decided not to get my kids (ages 6 & 8) tested for the time-being. They show no signs so I'm taking a watch and see approach.

I think the general consensus is that first degree relatives should get tested. Having said that I decided not to get my kids (ages 6 & 8) tested for the time-being. They show no signs so I'm taking a watch and see approach.

Thanks. I was thinking about doing that too. I hate to have to put him through blood tests