1 1
Metoo

Healing Time?

Rate this topic

This is the 2nd time I was glutened since going gluten free. The first time I had maybe 30% of the area broke out in the rash, it took me over 5 weeks for my skin to close back up, from being raw and cracking open.

This time, I injested a small amount of gluten, I broke out in 75% of the area in a rash, a much larger area and many more blisters....but at 4 weeks now my skin is all closed up, its still a funny color and inflammed looking, but its not raw.

Is this the normal course for DH after being gluten free for awhile?

After listening to all the stories for a couple of years now, I suspect there isn't really a 'normal course'.

I think that there is a lot of interaction with our own body, stress, iodine, and who knows what else.

One thing that seems to be constant is that when there is a relapse (not always caused directly by ingestion of gluten in my experience) it takes a very, very long time to recover.

Yes, it can cause skin discoloration. Mine was kind of purplish/pinkish but not raw or inflamed. Then it got splotchy and now it's fading back to normal. Some people get white spots.

Sounds like a similar course to me. Mine slowly got much better over the first 4 months gluten free, but I recently relapsed before discovering my soy intolerance, and am back in square one. But again my DH seems to be occupying less and less area.