This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Newbie!

ChuGotItDood

ChuGotItDood Newbie

So I was recently diagnosed...like Tuesday of this week through bloodwork. Just started gluten free on Wednesday. I've read about sooooooo many things I didn't realize on this forum and am very appreciative to everyone who takes time to post a question or an answer as I'm sure there are many others (like me) who have the same question. I'm excited to start feeling better after YEARS of issues that were all being treated separatly and turn out to be mostly stemming from Celiacs. I figured I'd say hi and thanks to all who post!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

JustNana Apprentice

WELCOME ChuGotItDood 

You are ver resourceful to have this board so soon. Its wonderful! I've been here for 13 days and am grateful for every one of them.

So, 3 days gluten free, huh? Good for you. Are you totally confused, worried, sad? Or thrilled to pieces to learn of a disease with all those diverse symptoms that you've been suffering from? Probably both.

I can already tell you are going to do well. You have an excellent attitude and seem pragmatic. In other words a terrific addition to the forum. Do not hesitate to ask questions no matter how silly they seem to you. Also feel free to rant, vent and complain. There are lots of extremely knowledgeable and empathetic people here to help you.

Best of luck on your journey!

ChuGotItDood Newbie

Well Thanks! I'm happy to know that I'm not breaking piece by piece and it's all related and how to fix it, but I'm not happy about how I fix it. I love bread. =( I'm only really upset tho that my 5 yr anniversary at work is in a couple weeks. I was supposed to have a vanilla cake with whipped cream icing. Now my boss is going to get a gluten and lactose free cake tho. I'm lucky to have understanding friends and coworkers! Even after 3 days of going gluten free I can tell its going to be a change for the better! =D

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

So I was recently diagnosed...like Tuesday of this week through bloodwork. Just started gluten free on Wednesday. I've read about sooooooo many things I didn't realize on this forum and am very appreciative to everyone who takes time to post a question or an answer as I'm sure there are many others (like me) who have the same question. I'm excited to start feeling better after YEARS of issues that were all being treated separatly and turn out to be mostly stemming from Celiacs. I figured I'd say hi and thanks to all who post!

Hello and welcome! Be sure to read around the board a bit. There's tons of useful info that you won't find all in one place anywhere else...and it's posted with a smile! :D

e sure to ask any questions that come up.

GFinDC Veteran

Welcome Suzy!

It's great to know who to feel better eh? Don't be disappointed to much if it is a bit of a rocky orad to start out. It can take several months to get used to the diet and eliminate the hidden gluten they put in things. Some people also have withdrawal symptoms for a bit, and some people have stronger reactions to gluten after being off it for a while.

You might want to try limiting dairy, sugar and ,carbs, in your diet for now. and adding some probotics and digestive enzymes too.

Here are a few threads to get you started:

FAQ Celiac com

http://www.celiac.co...celiac-disease/

What's For Breakfast Today?

http://www.celiac.co...180#entry726053

What Did You Have For Lunch Today?

http://www.celiac.co...or-lunch-today/

What Are You Cooking Tonight?

http://www.celiac.co...ooking-tonight/

IrishHeart Veteran

Maybe this thread can offer some suggestions?

Welcome to the Forum! :)

mamajchis Newbie

Newbie here as well. celiac free since March 19 2012 and have seen great improvements in that short period of time. Doing without wheat I thought would be a problem for me, but eating wheat and poisoning my body is so much worse!I am also soy intolerant and a diabetic. That really puts a lot of limits on what you can eat. I try to eat natural foods. No worries about what secret ingredients they might contain,

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

celiac free since March 19 2012

Doing without wheat I thought would be a problem for me, but eating wheat and poisoning my body is so much worse!

Hi mamajchis,

I think you may have meant to say gluten free?( If you were celiac- free you wouldn't want to be hanging around with us. :) )

There is more to being gluten free than just avoiding wheat. Gluten is also in rye, barley and cross-contaminated oats.

Cheers,

IH

MinnesotaCeliac Rookie

Keep that positive attitude as it will pay off huge! knowing that you can be feel "normal" and healthy again by diet alone will make it easy(no pills and side effects). Having understanding and supportive people around you is even better.

Make sure to utilize the knowledgeable folks and information on this forum. They are awesome! Good luck!

mamaupupup Contributor

Yes! Welcome! I have twin daughters with Celiac...we now celebrate by making ice cream cakes! I take a springform pan and we crumble yummy gluten-free cookies for the bottom layer, then add a layer of ice cream (usually lactose free vanilla), smear on a layer of chocolate fudge sauce, then add another layer of ice cream. The girls love decorating the top. We stick it in the freezer for a few hours or overnight...Everyone loves our gluten free ice cream cakes!

and @ Minnesota Celiac--where is that climb? We just returned from climbing in Joshua Tree.

Archived