jessimarie3

New Symptoms After Being Gluten Free

Rate this topic

Hello,

I've been gluten free for about 4 months now. My indigestion has dissappeared and I no longer feel tired and moody. This was great until I began having swelling in my abdomen after I wake-up in the morning. Sometimes it is so bad that I look like I'm pregnant. I tend to get some mild cramping with this as well.

I'm beginning to get frustrastrated with this. I have never had this happen before. My doctor wasn't very helpful when I told him my gluten free diet made me feel better, he just said " well is going to be really expensive to eat now". I have been trying to see a nutritionist who specializes in IBS and is able to do skin prick tests for other food intolerances and allergies.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you,

Jessica

Hello,

I've been gluten free for about 4 months now. My indigestion has dissappeared and I no longer feel tired and moody. This was great until I began having swelling in my abdomen after I wake-up in the morning. Sometimes it is so bad that I look like I'm pregnant. I tend to get some mild cramping with this as well.

I'm beginning to get frustrastrated with this. I have never had this happen before. My doctor wasn't very helpful when I told him my gluten free diet made me feel better, he just said " well is going to be really expensive to eat now". I have been trying to see a nutritionist who specializes in IBS and is able to do skin prick tests for other food intolerances and allergies.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you,

Jessica

At right around 4 months gluten-free, I started having a lot of bloating, I found that I am lactose intolerant. I was eating the same things I had for the last few months, but the bloating would become terrible by the afternoon, and I had this sour stomach awful feeling. At first I thought it was something else I was eating, but as soon as I eliminated raw milk it was better, but I took a full 2 weeks off from milk, then found I could still have cheese and small quantities of milk (like in baked goods, not ever for drinking anymore).

At right around 4 months gluten-free, I started having a lot of bloating, I found that I am lactose intolerant. I was eating the same things I had for the last few months, but the bloating would become terrible by the afternoon, and I had this sour stomach awful feeling. At first I thought it was something else I was eating, but as soon as I eliminated raw milk it was better, but I took a full 2 weeks off from milk, then found I could still have cheese and small quantities of milk (like in baked goods, not ever for drinking anymore).

Thank you for the reply. I am already lactose intolerant, I have been since a baby so I don't think that is the issue.