Fire

How Long To Kill Candida?

Rate this topic

I think my Dh is caused by Candida because I have Candidiasis. I have some stomach pain and the same rash I got when I was diagnosed, but I haven't been eating ANY gluten.

So I've been taking a number of Candida remedies and they seem to have a calming effect on my skin and stomach. Especially the silver. An acquaintance let me try her Silver Sheild supplement. My stomach pain and digestive issues went away and my skin cleared. Then I ran out and they all came back.

So I've been taking cayenne pepper (mild) like 1/2tp - 1tp mixed in Kombucha or Ginger tea 2 or 3x's a day, and that does it too. I just wonder how long do I have to take these anti-candida remedies for it to die off completely? I do it for like a week and then it just comes back.

I just want this to go way! But maybe I'm not giving them enough time to work. Does anyone know how long it takes Candida to die and leave your body?

I thankfully, don't have (fingers crossed) any experience with that. But surely there are others who can give you some tips from their experiences.

At least my reply will bump your post up which I'm sure just got lost in the shuffle.

I think my Dh is caused by Candida because I have Candidiasis. I have some stomach pain and the same rash I got when I was diagnosed, but I haven't been eating ANY gluten.

So I've been taking a number of Candida remedies and they seem to have a calming effect on my skin and stomach. Especially the silver. An acquaintance let me try her Silver Sheild supplement. My stomach pain and digestive issues went away and my skin cleared. Then I ran out and they all came back.

So I've been taking cayenne pepper (mild) like 1/2tp - 1tp mixed in Kombucha or Ginger tea 2 or 3x's a day, and that does it too. I just wonder how long do I have to take these anti-candida remedies for it to die off completely? I do it for like a week and then it just comes back.

I just want this to go way! But maybe I'm not giving them enough time to work. Does anyone know how long it takes Candida to die and leave your body?

The diet changes that many recommend for starving off Candida seem to take months? Even with taking probiotics, which help fight the yeast.

I don't have any experience to share..just thought I'd let you know to skip sugars, and starches. They feed the yeast...and it takes time.

Is there some reason why you don't want to take a prescription anti-fungal medication?

Is there some reason why you don't want to take a prescription anti-fungal medication?

Why take a prescription if she's getting results with cayenne, kombucha, and ginger? That's safe stuff and the kombucha is probiotic too.

It typically takes me a few weeks to get the candida to settle down, but I stay on the remedy and high probiotics for about three months before I can consider tapering off. If I stop as soon as the symptoms are better it comes right back.

Once things are settled down you need to plan to eat probiotic foods like kombucha, yogurt, kefir, or live sauerkraut pretty much indefinitely. You might want to look into making your own kombucha to keep the cost down since it's working for you.

Why take a prescription if she's getting results with cayenne, kombucha, and ginger? That's safe stuff and the kombucha is probiotic too.

I didn't read her post closely and thought she was saying that they weren't working. Thanks for catching that.

I didn't read her post closely and thought she was saying that they weren't working. Thanks for catching that.

Gotcha! I agree the prescriptions can be helpful if natural remedies don't work. :)