Rate this topic

Hi all! So I'm from California and organic foods and such are very abundant here.

I was wondering if anyone drinks kombucha for the probiotics?

I know for many it is an acquired taste but I really enjoy it. Could it help my stomach to heal? Just curious thanks :D

Hi all! So I'm from California and organic foods and such are very abundant here.

I was wondering if anyone drinks kombucha for the probiotics?

I know for many it is an acquired taste but I really enjoy it. Could it help my stomach to heal? Just curious thanks :D

Funny you ask....

I love kambucha. I bought the brand made by the guy whose mom had cancer. seriously can't remember the name but it's been around a while.

Anyway, I noticed the last few times I drank it it really hurt my stomach. Same thing happened to my mom.

I used to LOVE that stuff.

I purposely drank one per day after I had a problem with Andes Mints (don't ask). The stomach cramping was worse and more noticeable each time i drank a bottle. I know it can be harsh on an empty stomach but I'd never had a problem until recently. I also had a problem prior to the last time...

I don't think it's gluten...quite frankly I don't know whats going on with it and me. My mom thinks they changed something when they yanked all kambucha off the shelves a few years ago after that contamination issue. She said it tasted different after that (she drank the same brand) - less umph.

But theoretically it should be good for you, as long as it doesn't hurt your stomach. I'd love to drink it every day.

Funny you ask....

I love kambucha. I bought the brand made by the guy whose mom had cancer. seriously can't remember the name but it's been around a while.

Anyway, I noticed the last few times I drank it it really hurt my stomach. Same thing happened to my mom.

I used to LOVE that stuff.

I purposely drank one per day after I had a problem with Andes Mints (don't ask). The stomach cramping was worse and more noticeable each time i drank a bottle. I know it can be harsh on an empty stomach but I'd never had a problem until recently. I also had a problem prior to the last time...

I don't think it's gluten...quite frankly I don't know whats going on with it and me. My mom thinks they changed something when they yanked all kambucha off the shelves a few years ago after that contamination issue. She said it tasted different after that (she drank the same brand) - less umph.

But theoretically it should be good for you, as long as it doesn't hurt your stomach. I'd love to drink it every day.

Hi! Oh no! That's terrible that it messes u up. Maybe it's the brand u dink. Is it the kind that comes in gass bottle with all the bright colored lablels? I forget the name! Sorry. Maybe u could try that kind and they have different flavors. Cranberry is my favorite. I guess u could try making ur own. I've never done it. Kind of scared of a bad science experment. Haha

Hi! Oh no! That's terrible that it messes u up. Maybe it's the brand u dink. Is it the kind that comes in gass bottle with all the bright colored lablels? I forget the name! Sorry. Maybe u could try that kind and they have different flavors. Cranberry is my favorite. I guess u could try making ur own. I've never done it. Kind of scared of a bad science experment. Haha

Yes, glass bottle and cranberry was my favorite. But ginger is great, too. I think they're all glass bottles??

Yeah, fear of a lethal science experiment keeps me from making my own :).

I drank kombucha for about two weeks, thinking I was helping my digestive system recolonize with good bacteria and then I read something about the yeast strains in the kombucha possibly having the opposite effect. Dropped it right away and now I stick with water and various herbal teas.