Rate this topic

I want to know if baking food for my son, who has celiac, with food for the other members of the family who eat non gluten-free baked goods is a no!

Flour is light, flies into the air, and will cross-contaminate gluten-free food if you work with both regular and gluten-free flour at the same time. I don't even allow wheat flour in my kitchen. If I had no choice I'd make the gluten-free baked goods first.

I wouldn't worry about putting a gluten-free casserole and a regular one in the oven at the same time.

If you're sharing pans, then I'd say no. If you're sharing the oven, then I put the gluten-free stuff on the top rack and the gluten stuff on the rack under.

In my kitchen, only gluten-free stuff is baked in my pans. I have a few pyrex dishes that I have saved just in case I need to do something with gluten. My kitchen is also gluten-free though so that rarely occurs...

Once in a while, my hub makes some cookies for work with "real" flour. He uses the old gluten baking sheets. I clear the counter with the mixer off so its easier to clean later. And put everything away in the kitchen. He uses a plastic cover that came with the mixer. It helps keep flour from flying out. We clean the counter after but still, the next day, there will be a layer of flour that has settled out of the air onto the counter & floor.

I want to know if baking food for my son, who has celiac, with food for the other members of the family who eat non gluten-free baked goods is a no!

Thanks for the feedback!