climbmtwhitney

Mixed Up The Applegate Boxes!

Rate this topic

Not sure what's more idiotic - me or the Applegate boxes.

Last night after my daughter's softball game I was rushing to put dinner on the table. I grabbed a box of the Applegate gluten-free Chicken Nuggets (or so I thought) and popped them in the oven & cooked 'em. Then I served the kids and took a bite of one off the pan. My 8 year old (also Celiac) says, "Mom, these taste different." OH NO! I grabbed the box and sure enough they were the regular ones. ^%&&Y**! The boxes are nearly identical!

It took exactly 30 minutes for me to get horribly sick. Stupid bite. And, my poor little guy woke up with 4 canker sores and a headache. : (

Still feel like crap. I'm so frustrated & angry. Angry at Applegate. More angry at myself :angry:

You know the old adage! s$#& happens....That is hard when you, a parent gluten a kid or yourself.. You just want to kick something! But on the other hand you learned a great lesson.. So mishaps don't happen we need to always take time & take a second look esp. when there is a gluten & no gluten household...easy to do...

Happens to the best of us.......hope everyone feels better soon.....

You know the old adage! s$#& happens....That is hard when you, a parent gluten a kid or yourself.. You just want to kick something! But on the other hand you learned a great lesson.. So mishaps don't happen we need to always take time & take a second look esp. when there is a gluten & no gluten household...easy to do...

Happens to the best of us.......hope everyone feels better soon.....

Actually we're a 100% gluten-free household - for 4 years. My nanny bought them by mistake and I used them by mistake. Neither one of us noticed. The boxes are seriously almost identical. Grrr.

My stomach is still in full revolt. And my little guy is miserable too. : (

A good lesson in slowing down.

So sorry to hear that! Yes, I know! I love the Applegate products--but they really do look TOO alike. I'm going to email them because I could have been in exactly your shoes!

Here is their email in case you want to also: help@applegate.com

Hang in there!

I once put the wrong ones in my cart and got almost to the checkout with them. So easy to do. Most stores stock them side by side and the boxes are identical. So sorry you and your kiddo are sick. Get well soon!!

very easy to do... again if we continue to look at every label which I get lazy at times as well we wouldn't have that issue...somedays there just isn't time to look at every single thing that goes into our shopping carts... And it would be nice if companies didn't make them look like the wheat ones.... Maybe they think by doing so it makes us feel more real!!!!

Feel better soon....

They do look a lot alike! I've never mixed them up but I find myself getting all OCD and checking them a couple of times before I check out. Then I check them again before I cook them because I fear this very thing happening!

They do look a lot alike! I've never mixed them up but I find myself getting all OCD and checking them a couple of times before I check out. Then I check them again before I cook them because I fear this very thing happening!

I've always gotten the Bell & Evans chicken products, are the Applegate farms ones tastier? I like B&E it has a red ribbon on the front says gluten free.