MJ_S

So What's The Deal With Lettuce?

Rate this topic

I got really bloated with some constipation over the last two days. I had largish amounts of green leaf lettuce two days in a row and I'm not usually much of a lettuce eater. I didn't get glutened - I pretty much felt ok other than the gi symptoms.

I keep reading conflicting information about lettuce - low in fiber, so so in fiber, not good for IBS patients, etc. Does anyone else have trouble with lettuce? Is it because of the fiber, or there something specific to lettuce?

I sometimes get bloated even when I don't think I've been glutened and I can't figure out the pattern of what foods tend to cause it.

I got really bloated with some constipation over the last two days. I had largish amounts of green leaf lettuce two days in a row and I'm not usually much of a lettuce eater. I didn't get glutened - I pretty much felt ok other than the gi symptoms.

I keep reading conflicting information about lettuce - low in fiber, so so in fiber, not good for IBS patients, etc. Does anyone else have trouble with lettuce? Is it because of the fiber, or there something specific to lettuce?

I sometimes get bloated even when I don't think I've been glutened and I can't figure out the pattern of what foods tend to cause it.

I think lettuce is difficult to digest every for people with non-digestive issues. I don't have an issue, but my daughter does. I think more irritating than harmful. :) But, on the other hand, you might try organic. Could be the commercial wash.

It was actually organic, and came with dirt still included. smile.gif I washed the second batch, but my husband watched the first, which means, not so well. lol

It was actually organic, and came with dirt still included. smile.gif I washed the second batch, but my husband watched the first, which means, not so well. lol

B) Husbands :rolleyes: They do try well. :)

Are you taking a probiotic? It might help you with digestion.

If Celiac or gluten sensitivity was a non-player in your life, some foods may just both you. You avoid them and continue on. Maybe do a salad once a week and see how you feel, or eliminate them and reintroduce in a few weeks.

It's all one BIG experiment, sometimes. :rolleyes:

I was reacting after eating salads and figured I just couldn't tolerate lettuce. It turns out I can't tolerate the soy oil that's in most dressings.

Try eating just lettuce and see if you get a reaction?

I can't eat the spiky greens but I can have Romaine or Iceberg. I just have to take smaller bites and chew well.