This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

A Soap That I Found That Helps The Itch

GFreeMO

GFreeMO Proficient

I usually buy my Dove bar soap at the Dollar General Store because it is close to my house and cheaper. I was using Dove Unscented for Sensitive Skin. They were out of that variety so I bought Dove Cool Moisture Green Tea and Cucumber scent. I don't know what the deal is with it but it calms down my DH, especially the underarm DH. Plus it smells awesome. I am thinking that the Dove Shampoo of the same scent might be good for my scalp and ear DH. DH behind the ears is so effin' annoying! ;):P:(

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

eeyorelvr Newbie

I usually buy my Dove bar soap at the Dollar General Store because it is close to my house and cheaper. I was using Dove Unscented for Sensitive Skin. They were out of that variety so I bought Dove Cool Moisture Green Tea and Cucumber scent. I don't know what the deal is with it but it calms down my DH, especially the underarm DH. Plus it smells awesome. I am thinking that the Dove Shampoo of the same scent might be good for my scalp and ear DH. DH behind the ears is so effin' annoying! ;):P:(

Thanks for the info, I too have been using the Sensitive Skin and almost bought the Green Tea this time, but whimped out, I will have to give it a try.

DH behind the ears is very annoying, especially if you wear glasses...ugh!

kareng Grand Master

Does it actually have cucumber and green tea in it? I think they use those things in "natural" facials to soothe skin. Glad you found something so easy and cheap!

GFreeMO Proficient

I don't think it has real green tea and cucumber but it smells like it does. What do you expect for 5 bucks for like 8 bars. lol :P

All of the Dove soaps smell great! Glad they are all Gluten-Free. :D

pricklypear1971 Community Regular

I don't think it has real green tea and cucumber but it smells like it does. What do you expect for 5 bucks for like 8 bars. lol :P

All of the Dove soaps smell great! Glad they are all Gluten-Free. :D

I'm going to look at those today since I'm at the store.

But I can't do scents. Ugh.

GFreeMO Proficient

I'm going to look at those today since I'm at the store.

But I can't do scents. Ugh.

There is a Dove Unscented for sensitive skin. Do the scents bother your DH or you can't do scents b/c of allergies or something else? I am pretty sensitive to scents that smell fake like Febreeze and Downy fab. softener but the Dove scents I find don't bother me at all.

GFreeMO Proficient

Thanks for the info, I too have been using the Sensitive Skin and almost bought the Green Tea this time, but whimped out, I will have to give it a try.

DH behind the ears is very annoying, especially if you wear glasses...ugh!

From one DH glasses wearing girl to another, I hear ya!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

There is a Dove Unscented for sensitive skin. Do the scents bother your DH or you can't do scents b/c of allergies or something else? I am pretty sensitive to scents that smell fake like Febreeze and Downy fab. softener but the Dove scents I find don't bother me at all.

All scents annoy me except essential oils. It's hard to tell of scents bother my DH because it bothers me so badly otherwise that I'm just annoyed and sneezy and itchy from them. My ND says its liver congestion.

I tried to smell it but the "collective stench" from everything in that section made everything the same. I didn't see anything startlingly different on the ingredients except maybe palm oil??

GFreeMO Proficient

All scents annoy me except essential oils. It's hard to tell of scents bother my DH because it bothers me so badly otherwise that I'm just annoyed and sneezy and itchy from them. My ND says its liver congestion.

I tried to smell it but the "collective stench" from everything in that section made everything the same. I didn't see anything startlingly different on the ingredients except maybe palm oil??

The unscented Dove is pretty good too. I know what you mean about the stench, I get that feeling in the laundry and bread and bakery isle.

I think it's time for me to get rid of the crystal stick deodorant. It's making things worse with the salts.

The unscented Dove is pretty good too. I know what you mean about the stench, I get that feeling in the laundry and bread and bakery isle.

I think it's time for me to get rid of the crystal stick deodorant. It's making things worse with the salts.

I couldn't use it on my pits. It just burned like a SOB.

I found a Tom's that was ok but I have no idea if it's corn free, low sals....Dove ended up working best for me but I know it bothers you.

GFreeMO Proficient

I couldn't use it on my pits. It just burned like a SOB.

I found a Tom's that was ok but I have no idea if it's corn free, low sals....Dove ended up working best for me but I know it bothers you.

I have seen that Tom's at Walgreens. I'll have to check it out. The sals are killing me right now. I ate steak with a billion green, red and yellow peppers and now i'm a mess. I guess I have to start taking sals very seriously from now on.

You are right, it sucks!

Yes, whatever your main ancillary aggravation is - you must deal with to get that first "lay down".

I found its much easier once you find the biggest trigger and control it (aside from gluten).

For me it was iodine. Especially carageenan and egg yolks. And omg seaweed (sushi).

Archived