raea2002

Question From A Newbie

Rate this topic

I accidentally went on a gluten free diet when trying to eat healthier and realized all my problems went away. I ate a rye sandwich one day and got my good ol headaches back within an hour. That's when I realized what my GI issues along with a whole host of other things were from. My grandfather was diagnosed with celiac disease a few years ago, no one in my family has been tested. When I went on my accidental Gluten-Free diet I felt AMAZING! My energy levels were through the roof! I played with the Gluten-Free diet a few more weeks on and off to really make sure that's what my problem was. I tested neg. blood work and EGD. To make a long rambling question short this time I've been Gluten-Free for about 3 weeks with no gluten at all and I still feel amazingly better but my energy level is not what it was in the beginning.

Any ideas what might still be zapping my energy? Before when I was yo yo-ing it only took approximately 3 days to feel a ton better. This time I'm still not back to where I was. I'm not doing anything differently, watching for cross contamination, et... Any help would be appreciated! You have been so helpful. Thank you!

You may be eating something else which does not agree with you.

Or you can need a gluten free vitamin B complex, multivitamin, and calcium/magnesium mineral complex.

Don't rule out cross contamination. It can show up in the darndest places from the most surprising sources.

I figured it out. I had stopped taking a supplement. That has to be it.

I figured it out. I had stopped taking a supplement. That has to be it.

If you still don't feel better after 2 weeks or so of supplementing, you might want to get your vitamin levels checked, vitamin D deficiency can cause fatique, and mine was so low that no regular supplement alone would have ever brought my level up, according to my doctor I had to take mega doses to get it to raise.