Stubborn red head

gluten-free German Chocolate Cake

Rate this topic

Wish me luck everyone I am make a German Chocolate cake from a "Normal Recipe" that I am making gluten-free. All I am doing is replacing the cake flour with a recipe for gluten-free Cake Flour. I really hope this works...

I'll post pictures later

This is the recipe and the gluten-free Cake flour is below:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/german-chocolate-cake--make-my-cake-recipe/index.html

Cake Flour mix

3 cups brown rice flour (fine ground)

1 cup potato starch (not potato flour)

1/2 cup tapioca flour

1 1/4 teaspoons guar gum or 1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum

Wish me luck everyone I am make a German Chocolate cake from a "Normal Recipe" that I am making gluten-free. All I am doing is replacing the cake flour with a recipe for gluten-free Cake Flour. I really hope this works...

I'll post pictures later

This is the recipe and the gluten-free Cake flour is below:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/german-chocolate-cake--make-my-cake-recipe/index.html

Cake Flour mix

3 cups brown rice flour (fine ground)

1 cup potato starch (not potato flour)

1/2 cup tapioca flour

1 1/4 teaspoons guar gum or 1 1/4 teaspoons xanthan gum

That is the flour mix that I use and everything turns out great! Good luck!

It sounds good and I hope it turns out for you. I'll be anxious to see the finished result. Two years gluten-free and I've never tried to convert a regular cake recipe.

There is no reason why it should not work. I convert recipes to cakes and cookies regularly without any problems at all. Same with cornbread, quick breads, brownies... :P

WELL DONE!!!! Looks absolutely yummy.

Come to find out of the guests is diagnosed celiac and originally passed on the cake not knowing it was safe then I informed everyone it was gluten free and she cut off a big slice.

Come to find out of the guests is diagnosed celiac and originally passed on the cake not knowing it was safe then I informed everyone it was gluten free and she cut off a big slice.

Is there any left? I'd like some please. :P

awesome thanks guys I am really worried that my friends wont like it.. They aren't gluten free.

I've found most people can't tell.

I've also found most people don't know what a homemade cake tastes like, anyway - so a gluten-free homemade cake is still an upgrade.

:).

It looks yumm-o.

Awesome! Now, you made me want to make. A cake also :-). I m still new to gluten free cooking too :-). Kudos to you!

awesome thanks guys I am really worried that my friends wont like it.. They aren't gluten free.

Many cakes are made gluten free naturally anyway so your friends have no reason not to love them! Yeast breads are a different story.