jdizzle

Gluten Free 3 Months: Hungry!

Rate this topic

I quite gluten about three months ago, accidentally injested once since then. I'm slowly starting to feel better now, I can relate most ill feelings to lactose injestion so that intolerance is taking longer to heal than I hoped. Just lately I've been eating like a horse! I'd been enjoying a flat stomach for several weeks but now I'm going to bed every night looking pregnant. Sometimes I throw up a little bit in my mouth because I'm so stuffed. Is that a normal phase? Or does it mean I'm lacking something? I shouldn't be because I make sure I have at least some amount of carbs, protein, fruit and or veg every day as well as spirulina capsules with everything in them. My gut feels big and full right now! but I just so badly want to go get a peanut butter and jam sandwich!! It's nearly 11pm, I know I shouldn't... What's wrong with me?!

Celiac is what is wrong with you. It ain't easy.

Many of us have additional allergy/intolerances. I wonder it this might be the case for you? It isn't until you take out the worst (gluten) that the others become evident.

What is your history? Are you diagnosed? How long gluten free etc??

I can't take spirulina at all....

I know when I went gluten-free, I was SO hungry for months that if it wasn't nailed down, I ate it.

It eventually passed....

I was constantly starving the first couple of months. I think it is our bodies screaming for the nutrients we need to heal. Unless you are very overweight, I think it's OK to just EAT. I also had a bloated stomach, looked pregnant - I never figured out what that was about, but it does go away - don't get discouraged!

I don't know if you are eating gluten-free breads at all, but Udi's makes a decent PB&J sandwich, or if you want to bake your own, the Gluten Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix is divine! My (gluten-eating) daughter loves it and is always finishing it on me so I have to bake more!

Maybe switch the vitamins, but honestly it just takes a while for your body to heal and settle down sometimes. I used Lactaid milk in the beginning, and Lactaid tablets when I ate cheese or ice cream, but some people do better with no dairy at all for a while.