birdie22

Bummed...something Got Me

Rate this topic

Maybe it's the result of the gluten-free bread I made on Sunday that gave me gas on Monday that I'm still reacting to. Maybe it's the gluten-free pizza I got from a local gluten-free bakery (that also makes regular pizza too so I know there's always a cc chance) that I ate on Sun and yesterday. Maybe it's something else entirely. Who knows. What I do know is that yesterday I felt "off" all day and this morning I had a yogurt smoothie for breakfast (vanilla yogurt, frozen berries, a bit of avocado, and ground flax) and w/in an hour my stomach was huge and I had that all too familiar epigastric pain that feels like my belly is trying to stretch bigger than my skin will allow (always gives me flashbacks to being pregnant). I've had that smoothie a million times, so I know it's not that. It's just frustrating because it's been a while since I've felt this way and it's one of the more annoying symptoms I get because it makes me so uncomfortable and I don't want to look 6 mo preggo when I'm not. Thankfully gasx always helps with the discomfort. But I'm left with a big gut, hunger pangs, and discouragement that even when I think I'm being careful, something still gets me. Boo!!!

Ok, venting over.

That stinks. Something got me also. Huge stomach also, now my skin is freaking out and I'm getting moody! Oh what fun this is. FYI, Better double check Gas-X...think it contains gluten!

That stinks. Something got me also. Huge stomach also, now my skin is freaking out and I'm getting moody! Oh what fun this is. FYI, Better double check Gas-X...think it contains gluten!

Gas-x is on the http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/list.htm

But thanks for the concern.

You sure you're ok with dairy? Maybe that's it? Hope you feel better!

Could be CC from the pizza

could be too many carbs

could be dairy.

Hon, I know you drink this smoothie all the time, but flax is fiber and if you do not get enough WATER in there, you're going to blow up.

Add some juice or water to the smoothie and follow it with a glass of pure water.

maybe that will help?

Lay off dairy and too many carbs for a few days, push the water and see if it settles back down.

Just some thoughts!

I hate that "blown up inside my own skin" feeling myself :huh:

Gas-x is on the http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/list.htm

But thanks for the concern.

I have found that not all the drugs on that list are actually gluten free. Better to check with the manufacturer to be safe! :) Get well soon!:)

here is a thread from last fall re: Gas-X products. Some may contain wheat, according to the poster.

Thanks all. I take the gas-x soft gel and never have a problem. Actually it is the best relief to my bloating/distention I've found (phazyme works too).

It could be any # of things. And while it's helpful to know what it was, I also realize that I may never know. I just needed to vent my frustration.

Thanks IH for the reminder about flax. I do add juice to the smoothie and drink it with my morning coffee and follow with a glass of water (to wash down my vitamins). I'm fine with dairy (I eat it daily) but who knows...maybe I had more than usual or maybe it was a combo of things.

Thankfully the bloating has gone, along with the pain, and all that remains is an annoying flare of heartburn.

Some days, I do not know what makes me feel off either, hon. :rolleyes: Part of the mystery of this whole celiac disease thing.

As you say, who knows? Glad you feel a little better!