This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

How To Deal With Celiacs When Youve Been Exposed To It The Next Day?

cweeks10

cweeks10 Newbie

Hi my girlfriend has celiacs disease and she is always cautious about what she eats. Last night we were out and she thinks she might have ate something with gluten in it. This morning she has been sick and have vomited about 10 times, not sever vomiting but she has got up to go to the bathroom to spit something out. What are some things we can do to treat this? We dont want to go to a hospital just yet because that can be expensive and she's not sure if she did eat something with gluten or was it more or less what she was drinking last night. We had margaritas and the waiter said they were gluten free but we are starting to think they werent.

Thanks,

-Chris

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

sallyalewis Rookie

I'm sorry to hear that your gluten-free has probably glutened herself. That's an awful feeling.

I'm curious about the Margaritas too. I've been told they're gluten free, but have felt bad afterward.

Hi my girlfriend has celiacs disease and she is always cautious about what she eats. Last night we were out and she thinks she might have ate something with gluten in it. This morning she has been sick and have vomited about 10 times, not sever vomiting but she has got up to go to the bathroom to spit something out. What are some things we can do to treat this? We dont want to go to a hospital just yet because that can be expensive and she's not sure if she did eat something with gluten or was it more or less what she was drinking last night. We had margaritas and the waiter said they were gluten free but we are starting to think they werent.

Thanks,

-Chris

MitziG Enthusiast

Get some apple cider vinegar (braggs organic) and have her drink a teaspoon in a glass of water. Hot baths with epsom salts too. The acv will either help her vomit it all up, or settle her stomach. Either way, she will feel better. She can take it as often as needed. The epsom salts will help detox from the gluten. I wouldn't bother with the hospital. They won't know much about celiac, and they won't be able to do much to help her. Unfortunately, the only way to get thru a glutening is to let it work its way out of her system. She could be feeling "off" for up to 2 weeks.

kareng Grand Master

Probably not gluten from the Margaritas. Did she eat chips? Food at this place? That is your most likely gluten. Could have nothng to do with gluten, its hard to tell. I find the acid in Margaritas or lemonade, etc sometimes hurts my stomach. Food poisoning? My 16 yr old son (not Celiac) came home from school early today with a stomach bug thats going around.

Not much you can do. You can treat the symptoms with things like Pepto Bismol or tylenol. Drink lots of water. Eat lightly if possible. I find some yogurt helps and you can sneak it into your stomach a small spoonfull now another in 15 minutes. Popciscles and ice chips to keep hydrated if still vomiting.

Archived