Jackiebear

Efmp Army

Rate this topic

Has anyone become part of the army EFMP program with Celiac disease? I am reading a ton of mixed things online. Thanks for any help.

Did you find anything out? I was diagnosed three years ago, and so far we have been doing okay, but we just received orders for Fort Leonard Wood, MO. We will be in the middle of nowhere, so I will be driving to St. Louis to buy gluten free products.

I wonder if I can qualify for EFMP? I am hoping that I can and that it will restrict us to larger posts so that we are not constantly traveling to meet my gluten-free needs.

We will be in the middle of nowhere, so I will be driving to St. Louis to buy gluten free products.

You'd be surprised what you can find in the middle of nowhere . . . when I have returned to my hometown of 2500 to visit my parents, I have found gluten free items at their local, small, Krogers. The next biggest town of about 10,000 is a 15 minute drive away so I totally get the isolation thing. You may be surprised . . . hopefully :)

Did you find anything out? I was diagnosed three years ago, and so far we have been doing okay, but we just received orders for Fort Leonard Wood, MO. We will be in the middle of nowhere, so I will be driving to St. Louis to buy gluten free products.

I wonder if I can qualify for EFMP? I am hoping that I can and that it will restrict us to larger posts so that we are not constantly traveling to meet my gluten-free needs.

Talk to the doctors on the base or your command. I think a lot will depend on whether it is the soldier who is celiac or a family member but your command should know. Good luck.

You can always order things. I live in KC. Walmarts have a small selection of crackers, pastas, and baking flours. Most groceries have the Betty Crocker mixes. Some of the groceries have Udis in the freezer. You are close to Rolla and that's a college town so they may have a nice health food place with gluten-free bread.