Di2011

Sad :(

Rate this topic

I've been gluten free going on a year. Having my first glutening in about 7 months and I ain't liking the reminder. On & off the toilet all afternoon, had to have a 3 hour sleep this arvy (and only got up to do dinner for my son). But the worst thing is feeling so damn sad. That stuff plays with my brain worse than the rest (and my DH is pretty bad still!). I hate the feeling in your brain like there's really not much good going on. Having Liam repeat everything he says to me twice (at least) which isn't much fun at homework time!! Yesterday I was happy as larry. Ugghh I hope this is a short one.

Oh no, hope you feel better soon!

I'm feeling deeply sad at the moment too. I don't know whether it's all part of the withdrawal or what but I feel like everything is completely empty and pointless and I don't know what to do about it.

Gluten has a lot answer for

It was a few months before I got over this. Hence the past few months feeling good and "free". It is achievable a nd the good life/feeling is there. Just takes time.

I am lucky that I see the good time ahead

Gluten sucks the life out of me and messes with my brain, too.

I am like you--I get the overwhelming sadness (and insomnia and anxiety and brain fog, racing in my heart and mind and a sensation like I am on LSD)if I am hit. I used to describe it as "someone pulling down the shade" on me. Totally opposite my personality to be that sad and moody and feeling lost.

I call this "Gluten Head Hell" and it was my life for 3 years before DX.

The best thing to do is tell yourself "Okay, you gluten bugger, I KNOW what this is and it's going to pass. All's well."

Drink a lot of water, hon--- and I hope you feel better soon.

(hugs)

I'm sorry. It sucks. I'm just now getting past the stomach and muscle cramps, myself.

Hang in there! Gluten is a beast.

Thank you all for your support. Hugs back to you all. A little better this morning. Actually a little helpful with LIams homework. Will try to keep busy.

Hang tough, sweetie---you're going to be okay. :)

It does get better, even though it's difficult to believe when you're feeling like you do. Hang in there and treat yourself to something special

Sorry to hear that! Gluten isn't my issue but I do have other food intolerances. I hate it when I screw up and accidentally eat something I shouldn't. I managed to save myself last week (or was it the week before?) when I flipped over a package to read the carb count, only to see that there was milk in the food. I had bought a different brand than what I had bought before and what I usually buy has no milk in. Must always remember to read every package label every time.

It's also annoying to be eating in a restaurant and get halfway through a salad and then find a crouton or a shred of cheese in there. Then I have to worry about possibly getting sick later. But I guess that is perhaps a bit better than eating out and then getting sick later and then not having a clue what it was that made you sick.