squirmingitch

celiac disease Associated Autoantibodies In Dh Published 4/12

Rate this topic

I know this is some really important info. for us & may give those of us with dh a better chance for testing & dx. I'm not that great at understanding EXACTLY how much hope this gives us though. Some of you have a better grasp of medical techno lingo &/or may be able to access the entire article. Would like comments on this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21840083

Novel assay for detecting celiac disease-associated autoantibodies in dermatitis herpetiformis using deamidated gliadin-analogous fusion peptides.

Hmm. I looked on the LabCorp site and don't see it - or don't think I see it. I wonder which labs offer it.

I haven't the foggiest notion. I did a search too for Labs who do it & couldn't get anywhere --- just kept coming up with the article abstract.

Ask doctors?

Dunno. But it does look promising, as far as a tool for detecting DH / celiac without biopsy!

I took it to mean that in tests (done correctly) the false negative level will be 30%. Or possibly the false positive rate. In any case it appears that the tests will be slightly better and there are at least eight researchers working on improving them. THat's good news to me.