NJceliac

Ttg Igg Test Results

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with celiac with positive serology results as well as a positive biopsy after a workup for premenopausal osteoporosis. I also have IgA deficiency so most of the serology tests are not able to be used to follow the antibody levels. On this forum I have seen some people give specific values to tTG antibody results even if they are greater then 100. The lab I used only posts >100 and does not give a value. My question is for those of you who get tTG IgG ab levels drawn and get a specific value i.e., 295 instead of a value >100, which lab was the bloodwork sent to?

I was diagnosed with celiac with positive serology results as well as a positive biopsy after a workup for premenopausal osteoporosis. I also have IgA deficiency so most of the serology tests are not able to be used to follow the antibody levels. On this forum I have seen some people give specific values to tTG antibody results even if they are greater then 100. The lab I used only posts >100 and does not give a value. My question is for those of you who get tTG IgG ab levels drawn and get a specific value i.e., 295 instead of a value >100, which lab was the bloodwork sent to?

Mine was done by Labcorp, and I got a specific value for my TtG IgG. The ranges were very different from yours however.

I'm not sure the exact value matters. If you came in positive, you are positive. The degree of damage does not necessarily correlate with the number of antibodies, some people have low or no antibodies and still have lots of damage, others have high levels of antibodies and have spottier damage.

My celiac panel was done by Quest and it indicated a tTG IGA Ab >100 with >8 being positive. I am not IGA deficient.

Hello! I am new to the forum and I am wondering if someone can help me determine my results...? I just had blood work done through LabCorp to test my IgG and IgA panels, but I unfortunately don't understand what it means. If anyone can make heads or tails of what this might mean or if you can point me in the right direction where I can find out more, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!

Negative

Weak Positive

11-58 20-101 44-189 62-236 77-278 91-414

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgA

Deamidated Gliadin Abs, IgG

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgA

N units 0-19

0 - 19

20 - 30

Moderate to Strong Positive >30

3 N

Negative 0 - 19 Weak Positive 20 - 30 Moderate to Strong Positive >30

<2 N

Negative 0 - 3 Weak Positive 4 - 10 Positive >10

units 0-19

U/mL 0-3

U/mL 0-5

. Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) has been identified

as the endomysial antigen. Studies have demonstr- ated that endomysial IgA antibodies have over 99% specificity for gluten sensitive enteropathy.

t-Transglutaminase (tTG) IgG <2 N

Negative 0 - 5 Weak Positive 6 - 9 Positive >9

Is this exactly how it was written? Very confusing, but I THINK the capital N's are your results - hard to tell which test correlates to which result. If I am correct this would mean all your tests were negative.

Please double check this is how it was written - maybe someone else will have a better take on it.

This is one of the most confusing lab reports I have ever seen! I am hoping part of the problem is formating on the computor. I am thinking that the deaminated IgG is a weak positive. and i don't see a total IgA in this mess.

If i am right, you are positive on the THE most sensitive test for celiac. good luck