koko_girl

Can't Put On Weight

Rate this topic

It is so nice to know there are others out there with the same problem. I am 5'1" have bounced between 105-115 ever since I was 18. I am now 30. Last Nov I was 109 when I was diagnosed celiac and started gluten free. I am now down to 104. And I eat so much meat I am sick of it. My days go back and forth from eating nonstop to all food looking disgusting. I know some folks are worse than me. But I work as a paramedic on a private ambulance. So I have to keep my weight up. Also the job makes it hard to eat what I want when I want. And when I am home all I want to do is sleep. I ate larabar for awhile but got tired of them. Money is tight. But I have a freezer full of beef. So far I can have dairy so sometimes I make roll ups with salami and cream cheese. But can't much cause my hubby eats my salami and he is 5'9"and 240#. It gets very discouraging. Back when I ate gluten it only took 3-4 mo to get back to 115. And I would be there 4-8 mo till the next bronchitis bout. The good thing is I have not had any resp infection this year and I can lift and carry 100# with little difficulty. Thank you all for sharing your story. it really helps. Any other ideas would be awesome. Oh and I eat nuts every day and I eat pb by the spoonful. Some time I wake up at 3am hungry so I eat huge spoon of pb and a juice box so I can sleep.