Hootie

Great Sandwich Bread

Rate this topic

I don't often sign up to post about a product, but this is an exception. Yesterday we stopped by the Krogers in Willis Texas. We picked up a loaf of Gluten Free Houston's sandwich bread in an orange colored wrapper. I could not believe how good this bread was. The bread is in the frozen section but after thawing a piece in the microwave it was soft and the crust was even good. It was as close to regular gluten white sandwich bread as any breads we had tried so for and believe me we have tried a bunch (and thrown away a bunch). The slices are bigger then Udi's so it can make a full size sandwich and it is better tasting then Udi's which is now our second favorite bread. Udi's is good but mainly as a toast but Gluten Free Houston's bread is good just plain. I hope this company expands into buns like Udi's has because they are doing bread great!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Hootie,

I googled it and you can order it online. I don't know if they ship frozen or not. I don't see that listed. International shipping is almost $30 so it's a no go for me but anyone in the states interested in trying it you can order it here...

My link

Along with some of their other products. Enjoy

I don't often sign up to post about a product, but this is an exception. Yesterday we stopped by the Krogers in Willis Texas. We picked up a loaf of Gluten Free Houston's sandwich bread in an orange colored wrapper. I could not believe how good this bread was. The bread is in the frozen section but after thawing a piece in the microwave it was soft and the crust was even good. It was as close to regular gluten white sandwich bread as any breads we had tried so for and believe me we have tried a bunch (and thrown away a bunch). The slices are bigger then Udi's so it can make a full size sandwich and it is better tasting then Udi's which is now our second favorite bread. Udi's is good but mainly as a toast but Gluten Free Houston's bread is good just plain. I hope this company expands into buns like Udi's has because they are doing bread great!

Good to know! I also agree about Udi's and toast. Yum!

Update on my above post.

I made my post before checking to see if Gluten Free Houston had a web site. After making my post I looked for their site and they did indeed have a site.

They had everything a celiac person could ask for. So we decided to drive over today. We met the founders of the company and they are really nice people. We proceeded to load up on the goodies.

We bought more sandwich bread, dinner rolls, hot dog buns, hamburger buns, chicken pot pies, mini carrot cake muffins, vanilla pound cake, blue berry muffins, and cookies. We are full from taste testing, but have found everything to be excellent and worth the trip. The carrot cake minis are to die for. I was so impressed with everything I ordered my wife an Italian cream cake for her upcoming birthday which is one of her favorites.

Update on my above post.

I made my post before checking to see if Gluten Free Houston had a web site. After making my post I looked for their site and they did indeed have a site.

They had everything a celiac person could ask for. So we decided to drive over today. We met the founders of the company and they are really nice people. We proceeded to load up on the goodies.

We bought more sandwich bread, dinner rolls, hot dog buns, hamburger buns, chicken pot pies, mini carrot cake muffins, vanilla pound cake, blue berry muffins, and cookies. We are full from taste testing, but have found everything to be excellent and worth the trip. The carrot cake minis are to die for. I was so impressed with everything I ordered my wife an Italian cream cake for her upcoming birthday which is one of her favorites.

I picked up her cake Thursday and it was a big hit for everyone. No one could tell that it was Gluten Free. It quickly disappeared and was enjoyed by everyone.

Wow!! Thank you for the info Hootie!!

Good to know, as I have only tried one rice bread and hated it!

I will definitely look for this bread from Gluten Free Houston or order on their website.

Also, the "Against the Grain" company makes a FANTASTIC Baguette.

Best "hero" bread I've had AND it's great as a side with Italian..

Find it. Order it. Love it.