Christine0125

Awful Headaches

Rate this topic

I've been officially gluten free since 4/20. I started gluten free in early January but had to do a challenge for the bloodwork and endoscopy. I was feeling a lot of improvement before the gluten challenge with no withdrawal symptoms. Now abut 6 weeks into being 100% gluten free I'm feeling terrible (awful sinus headaches, and nausea seems to be coming back).

I'm taking calcium and B12 as these are the 2 that showed "low normal." I was iron deficient when tested back in November (which lead me to celiac testing) but it was back in normal ranges with bloodwork done in April.

Are headaches normal during healing? I did not have these headaches when I first went gluten-free. My endoscopy did show sub-total villous atrophy. I was so encouraged based on improvements early on but I'm definitely getting discouraged now and really hoping this isn't a sign of another intolerance.

Have you removed dairy? It can be a temporary secondary intolerance for celiacs and may cause headaches as well.

Healing is an up- and- down road for a while after DX.

Hope you see an improvement soon.

Hang in there!

No, I'm still eating dairy. Maybe I'm in denial but I've felt so bad the last couple days it sure sounds like it's worth a shot.

Have you removed dairy? It can be a temporary secondary intolerance for celiacs and may cause headaches as well.

Healing is an up- and- down road for a while after DX.

Hope you see an improvement soon.

Hang in there!