Pegleg84

Gluten/casein/soy/egg Free Cooking

Rate this topic

In my slow acceptance for even more restrictions on my diet (eggs other than in baked goods are now officially off my menu as well), I was taking a look for a good cookbook with gluten/milk/soy/egg free recipes. There are gluten-free vegan cookbooks, but they include a lot of soy.

Anyone know a good book or online resource?

Cheers

Peg

In my slow acceptance for even more restrictions on my diet (eggs other than in baked goods are now officially off my menu as well), I was taking a look for a good cookbook with gluten/milk/soy/egg free recipes. There are gluten-free vegan cookbooks, but they include a lot of soy.

Anyone know a good book or online resource?

Cheers

Peg

I was diagnosed with gluten intolerance (celiac) and casein, soy, egg (white) delayed reaction allergies (IgG or IgA mediated) as well as cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg delayed reaction allergies. I found good substitutes for each of my former casein/soy/egg containing foods, but I missed homemade breads and baked goods (esp. cookies!). Luckily I discovered 2 great baking books, just in time for holiday baking last year. Both of these books are gluten, casein, soy and egg free, but I substitute for cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg:

ALLERGY FREE DESSERTS by Elizabeth Gordon

THE ALLERGY FREE BAKER'S HANDBOOK by Cybele Pascal

I just use regular, gluten/casein or even soy free cookbooks for meal preparation. The Living Without magazine has good gluten/casein free recipes and sometimes recipes free of eggs and soy as well.

Do you have good substitutes for gluten, dairy, soy and eggs? Lemmeno and I'll provide brand names of my substitutes.

Hello,

I can recommend a cookbook and an online resource. Here they are:

"Welcoming Kitchen" by Kim Lutz

I haven't used this cookbook a ton, but I've liked the recipes that I've tried. The cookbook is vegan, and she doesn't use soy. It's a pretty small book, but the recipes are pretty easy.

The Intolerant Gourmet (http://www.theintolerantgourmet.com/intolerance/)

The author of this blog is allergic to wheat, dairy, soy, yeast, and eggs. Not all of her recipes are gluten-free, but most of them are (I think I've only seen a few that aren't). She's also not vegan, but she has some meat free recipes as well as some recipes for baked goods.

Hope this helps!

Jules Shepard has a cookbook I like a lot entitled "Free for All Cooking" that lists substitutes for many things.

She is also a prolific blogger and shares many recipes here.

http://blog.julesglutenfree.com/

She also has recipes on celiac.com http://www.celiac.co...0/Jules-Shepard

You might take a look at those and see if they might be what you're looking for.