Mateto

Biscuits And Brack

Rate this topic

So I can't adjust my recipes for Barmbrack and Rich Tea Biscuits to gluten-free, so I want to know if anyone here knows a good recipe (or where I can find one) for them. I COULD just buy it, but there's nothing better than homemade!

So I can't adjust my recipes for Barmbrack and Rich Tea Biscuits to gluten-free, so I want to know if anyone here knows a good recipe (or where I can find one) for them. I COULD just buy it, but there's nothing better than homemade!

If you have a good all purpose gluten free flour, you could try your recipes with that. I've had pretty good luck that way: I use Better Batter. In some cases you may have to adjust your liquids because gluten free flours act like a sponge, so it is a matter of experimenting. I also find that recipes with buttermilk, yogurt or cream seem to turn out best. i think the trick here is you need the flavors from the heavy fats to fool your mouth from missing the "wheat". at least, in my opinion.

good luck~

Barmbrack and Rich Tea Biscuits ? UK ? Doves Farm is a reasonable gluten-free brand

Barmbrack

Thank you, kindly!

I couldn't convert my recipes, even a cup-for-cup wouldn't work. I'm good now! I have a collection growing.