sreese68

Amy's Baked Ziti And Mac & Cheese

Rate this topic

We have one of our kids eating 100% gluten-free right now (others eat it outside the home). He loves Amy's gluten-free baked ziti and also their gluten-free mac and cheese. I remember reading some people have had problems in the past with Amy's gluten-free products due to cross contamination. Is this still an ongoing issue? Does anyone know if these two products are safe? Trying to decide if he needs to stop eating them, so we can be really, really sure he's 100% gluten-free. (Trying to avoid going into a long story, but the issues we're looking at for him are subtle, so not a simple matter of upset stomach.)

We have one of our kids eating 100% gluten-free right now (others eat it outside the home). He loves Amy's gluten-free baked ziti and also their gluten-free mac and cheese. I remember reading some people have had problems in the past with Amy's gluten-free products due to cross contamination. Is this still an ongoing issue? Does anyone know if these two products are safe? Trying to decide if he needs to stop eating them, so we can be really, really sure he's 100% gluten-free. (Trying to avoid going into a long story, but the issues we're looking at for him are subtle, so not a simple matter of upset stomach.)

Unless your son is having symptoms, I see no reason to stop letting him have these 2 items. I only eat the Mac and Cheese by Amy's because I think it the best out there but I usually only have a very small amount because I am dairy light. I have never had any type of reaction from their Mac and Cheese. I am very sensitive to small amounts of gluten. I don't eat anything else by Amy's, though.

I love Amy's mac & cheese and have been eating it almost from diagnosis and have had no problems with it. I he is ok and loves them some much I also see problem in giving it to him. I wish they would make it in a bigger portion.

Thank you so much!! He'll be thrilled!