Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Finally@45

Corn Sensitivity

Here is what I found on mannitol:

"Mannitol, a naturally occurring alcohol, is widely used in the food, pharmaceutical, medicine, and chemical industries. It is currently produced as a 25/75 mixture of mannitol and sorbitol (another sugar alcohol) by high pressure hydrogenation of 50/50 fructose/glucose mixture (corn derived sugars) in an aqueous solution at high temperature with a catalyst." http://www.ars.usda.gov/research/publications/publications.htm?seq_no_115=189024

I am not sure if there is such a thing as corn free mannitol. Maybe another corn free expert on this board can enlighten us?

Intolerant to gluten, corn and dairy
Gluten free since 2010

Hashimoto's

I read the label and it declares there is no corn and other allergens in the product. I have never caught an incorrect label, but it could happen, I think.  It does list several allergens more than I did, including wheat, and yeast are not in theret. I could not find a phone number on the label.  I don't think it ever hurts to check where the ingredient is derived from before taking it. 

Usually many people post their favorites, so I hope you can find a simple one.  Actually you asked me in particular, so you may want to look for a post about vitamin B lozenges that don't contain corn.  If that doesn't work, you could always post a new thread about it.

I know this searching isn't easy.  I can look for entire days for supplements occasionally, I still don't get it right.  Always read the label when it arrives-before opening.  This is a great place to get ideas.  Some here eat corn, though, so do what you did here and look!

D