lorah322

Spaghetti Squash

Rate this topic

I wonder how Spaghetti squash compares to eating gluten free pasta??? If anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear your thoughts on texture and taste!

My uncle does this not to be gluten-free, but because he's on a low carb diet. He does this for pasta and he loves it! He actually says he prefers it The rest of his family does care to eat it, but they say it's a texture thing more than taste. Try it! What do you have to loose?

I enojy the spaghetti squash too but more so zucchini made into noodles with a spiralizer machine i got form internet.

Little white plastic thing where you put in the squash, turn the handle and it turns it into long noodles.

http://www.(Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned)/World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade-Vegetable/dp/B0007Y9WHQ

is the link on amazon. this turns anything into noodles

I wonder how Spaghetti squash compares to eating gluten free pasta??? If anyone has any experience, I'd love to hear your thoughts on texture and taste!

interesting that amazon is banned from the forum, anyway just search spiralizer and you'll find it

I enojy the spaghetti squash too but more so zucchini made into noodles with a spiralizer machine i got form internet.

Little white plastic thing where you put in the squash, turn the handle and it turns it into long noodles.

http://www.(Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned)/World-Cuisine-A4982799-Tri-Blade-Vegetable/dp/B0007Y9WHQ

is the link on amazon. this turns anything into noodles

I make it several times a year and enjoy it. The texture is nothing like pasta so do not expect it to be. However, it is still very tasty and far healthier. There are so many yummy things to add to it (that are not quite as healthy such as butter and maple syrup) but one of my favourites is simply olive oil and sage leaves (of course S and P). Just flake it with a fork.

I do make "pasta" out of zucchini and carrots (as above) but just use my vegetable peeler.

I have always preferred spaghetti squash to actual spaghetti, gluten free or not. I'm Italian and like a lot of cheese on my pasta along with my family's home made meat sauce, so it makes me feel better knowing that the base of my dish is a lower-calorie vegetable rather than a high calorie carb.

Love spaghetti squash here too. You don't want to overcook it though -- that's when it gets mushy.

I like spg squash with browned sausage and tomato sauce. Very good!