Rate this topic

I just wanted to share that I bought a bag of Lays Chips (Sour Cream and onion, and also their Classic ones). After the ingredient list on the back of the packaging it now says Gluten Free. Many of their flavors now carry this statement. I live in Canada, so I don't know if it is the same the the US. Made me very happy, because camping season is upon us and I can indulge around the campfire with a giant bag of chips (I have a few years of catching up to do)!

No it's just Canada as far as I know. I've noticed it too, and I think it's great. There's a list of flavours on the website of Lays (which I can't get right now).

yum, I love the Lays. :) always have.

• Upvote 1

Love, love, love Lays! Happy dance!! :D

Laura

Yay!! So glad I saw this, as I spend most of my summer on the lake with my Canadian family! Looms like Lay's chips and campfires for me once again. ?

It's also on the individual ingredient list of the multi-snack packs...the kind you buy for kids lunches.

It's also on the individual ingredient list of the multi-snack packs...the kind you buy for kids lunches.

This totally just made my night!!! Thank you!! :) haha it's the little things!

Some Lay's Chips have been gluten free for a while, if you have read the label. A clarification in labeling may be a step forward, as well as a marketing gimmick. But I would encourage everyone to read the label every time you buy a product.

Don't rely on a "gluten free" label. There is NO legal establish definition of the term.....gluten free.

I can only assume that Lay's has TESTED their products and declared them gluten free as a result. IF, as a result of testing....this is good news.

Some Lay's Chips have been gluten free for a while, if you have read the label. A clarification in labeling may be a step forward, as well as a marketing gimmick. But I would encourage everyone to read the label every time you buy a product.

Don't rely on a "gluten free" label. There is NO legal establish definition of the term.....gluten free.

I can only assume that Lay's has TESTED their products and declared them gluten free as a result. IF, as a result of testing....this is good news.

This is what it says on the US website that I provided the link to earlier in this thread.

"Some people suffer from an intolerance to foods containing gluten, which is a type of protein found in wheat, rye and barley. Frito-Lay has validated through analytical testing that the following products contain less than 20 ppm of gluten.

Please note: The information provided pertains only to products distributed in the U.S. Products sold in other countries under similar brands may be made using slightly different recipes and ingredients to accommodate local needs and preferences."

This is what it says on the US website that I provided the link to earlier in this thread.

"Some people suffer from an intolerance to foods containing gluten, which is a type of protein found in wheat, rye and barley. Frito-Lay has validated through analytical testing that the following products contain less than 20 ppm of gluten.

Please note: The information provided pertains only to products distributed in the U.S. Products sold in other countries under similar brands may be made using slightly different recipes and ingredients to accommodate local needs and preferences."

Thanks Karen. :)

The OP said she was in Canada. The label rules regarding "gluten-free" are different here.

As far as I've seen in the US the only gluten-free ones are regular. I haven't found any flavored ones that are okay. I have bought the regular chips in Canada as well, but didn't even consider the other flavors may have different ingredients. Thank you for the reminder!