Pisqualie

Gastritis, Anyone?

Rate this topic

Hi all! I had my endoscopy and a colonoscopy last week and go in for my follow up next week. The GI did a lot of biopsies, which makes me happy. But I did learn that I have gastritis - which explains the severe pain and inability to eat the past two weeks.

The GI also implanted a Ph monitor (Bravo something or other) in my esophagus. I'm on day 6 and it hurts like the dickens still ... ugh. Anyone have experience with one of these things? I am still waiting for it to detach and pass through.

I am so eager to hear my results... but now I have pain in my chest, stomach AND guts! Talk about miserable.

The only thing in my blood work that is abnormal is my lymphocytes (slightly elevated). From what I have been researching, there is a connection between Celiac and lymphocytes, as well as something called lymphocytic gastritis which can be connected to Celiac. Has anyone ever heard of this? It's a stretch but would sure make sense.

Anyway... hopefully I will know more June 25th!! Thanks, all!

Sorry no helps just sending big hugs!!!!

Hi all! I had my endoscopy and a colonoscopy last week and go in for my follow up next week. The GI did a lot of biopsies, which makes me happy. But I did learn that I have gastritis - which explains the severe pain and inability to eat the past two weeks.

The GI also implanted a Ph monitor (Bravo something or other) in my esophagus. I'm on day 6 and it hurts like the dickens still ... ugh. Anyone have experience with one of these things? I am still waiting for it to detach and pass through.

I am so eager to hear my results... but now I have pain in my chest, stomach AND guts! Talk about miserable.

The only thing in my blood work that is abnormal is my lymphocytes (slightly elevated). From what I have been researching, there is a connection between Celiac and lymphocytes, as well as something called lymphocytic gastritis which can be connected to Celiac. Has anyone ever heard of this? It's a stretch but would sure make sense.

Anyway... hopefully I will know more June 25th!! Thanks, all!

I'm still waiting on results for celiac, but during my endoscopy my doctor discovered that I have chronic gastritis. He put me on a bland food diet and Nexium. Nothing was ever mentioned about putting a monitor in though. I hope you start feeling better soon!! I can empathize with the stomach pains.... no fun at all.